Do you watch cable news?

I'm just curious who does. There's a lot of bitching about Fox and MSNBC and CNN and everyone really. I didn't think anyone really watched anymore anyway.

I don't. I don't have cable.

wheres the "rarely" option. i chose no because i hardly ever watch cable news, dont ever watch network news. dont watch news talk shows either. pretty much read news off the internet from various sites.

I will at "odd" hours like between morning and noon when there's crap on like daytime soaps but because I'm not at home otherwise no not really.

Nope.

Always been a reader. My bachelor's degree was in print journalism (News-editorial). Though I don't use it since I switched fields for grad school as I didn't like working at a news paper.

But I've always preferred print news to tv or radio.

Hardball, Countdown, The Rachel Maddow show every weekday. Meet the Press on Sundays.

3 Hours of the Thom Hartmann radio show every weekday, and Colbert/Stewart every weekday.

Its like a 6 hour a day routine.

Cable news is a fucking joke now. It's entertainment. All the shows are panel shows where they just argue at eachother. fucktards like Lou Dobbs stroking his ego, or the horrendous talking heads on Headline News, the Bill O'Reilley effect where they only have their jobs because the producers know viewers just tune in to shout profanities at the TV for an hour.

I said no, I don't think daily show/colbert report count as cable news...

I've watched some of the shows a few times, but nothing anywhere near regularly. Just a waste of time really...

NPR is about the only news I am exposed to--which is only when I am driving (about an hour or so a day), and the occasional All things Considered and This American Life streams.

Actually yeah as long as we're talking about where we get our news i.e. not cable news, NPR is extremely informative. They always have good discussions.

If there's something major (like, say, a presidential speech), I like to tune in. What's fun is, in my living room, I have three television sets. I'll put one on, say, FOX and one on MSNBC and watch. Always interesting to see the "notes" put on the bottom of the screen during such speeches.

Aside from that, no... not generally. NPR is about the only "news" source besides online news. I do also listen to (gasp!) Neal Boortz - but he's more commentary than news (I know the difference!)

I get all my news from online and Barron's. I used to watch CNBC but it was more noise then signal and I eventually switched to Bloomberg instead. Most cable 'news' barely qualifies as such; they are more like entertainment masquerading as news.

I agree with RAM. There should've been a rarely option. I'll check out the three major cable networks just to see what's going on while I'm at work.

British Broadcasting Corporation & France 24
American cable news is really centered towards entertainment
- I mean the actual news programs on CNN has a commercial in what seems every five minutes

bread's done
Back