Do you watch YouTube video game videos? If so READ THIS and respond.

Most indications point to someone holding the rights actually wanting to press charges on whoever posts. Capcom already responded to it's fanbase saying that as long as youtube posts don't contain anything that hasn't actually been released yet that they basically don't care.

Capcom's Christian Svensson's response to the streaming bill:

"The reality is, historically we have been helped by these activities (e.g. Evo streaming) and on some occasions we have been hurt by these things (MvC3 Galactus and other video leaks, AE video leaks, etc.).

There is no question there is an ownership and copywrite issue in these cases, though I’m not terribly sure legal action is in our best interests in most cases unless we have to do so to demonstrate continued protection of the IP ownership.

That said, if this legislation comes to pass I’m sure we’ll figure out ways to support folks whose efforts and intentions have historically been helpful. Our community team will likely take center stage in facilitating those activities.

And as you know, we’ve got games releasing soon that enable Youtube uploads directly from in-game… in the future I hope to have games that out of the gate enable streaming. Obviously we’ll have click through licenses to allow for those uses as facilitated by those products.

What’s more, I don’t believe the government is likely to take proactive action on criminal merits without the prompting of an IP holder to initiate the probe. They just don’t have the budget or bandwidth to police that.

In short, I don’t forsee this being a major issue for most organizations today."

The only company I can see being anal about this is Nintendo, EA and Activision... I can't see other companies actually doing anything about it unless people stream video of leaked games.

[quote name='supermidget']I just hope places like roosterteeth will be able to continue to function under it.[/QUOTE]
Considering how well they get along with Bungie, 343, and Microsoft I'm thinking it won't be a problem at all for them to keep RvB going.

[quote name='supermidget']I just hope places like roosterteeth will be able to continue to function under it.[/QUOTE]
They have a deal with MS and Bungie, so they're not affected at all by it.

If this is up to the developers/artists then nothing will happen. YouTube is basically the best form of free advertising you can have.

bread's done
Back