Do you wear gaming clothes?

Love me some band shirts. I love tour shirts. I remember STP came to Nashville once and they had a tour shirt.. but Nashville was left off of it. What the fuck?

They also wanted $50 for some shirts that I could just walk across the road and get at Hot Topic for $15.. good stuff.

I have one Mario shirt, with him riding Yoshi with Japanese words on it. I dug it when I saw it, had the cash, so I bought it.

Mostly its Marvel shirts or Band shirts. Mostly Marvel these days, as I found some bad ass ones with Captain America and Wolverine.

have a video games live hat i wear from time to time (the bill sticks right into the temples though. arghhh)

halo pants, mario pants, xbox and sony pants as well.

have a bunch of pre order shirts that i dont wear though just keep them for ebay some day or the nifty ness of them.

then again me and my wife cosplay so wearing video game clothes is kind of like a step down.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i got a couple of shirts i wear from time to time. several anime shirts as well. i got a TON of shirts from my tenure at gamestop. but ive also bought a couple that i like.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']yeah i got a couple of shirts i wear from time to time. several anime shirts as well. i got a TON of shirts from my tenure at gamestop. but ive also bought a couple that i like.[/QUOTE]
Dragonball Z club shirts, uppins?

I won a t-shirt from jinx a few years ago that I wear. It has a playstation style controller and it says "addict" underneath it. I don't wear it too often, as it tends to get a few looks and comments, and I don't like to bring too much attention to myself.

Yes, I course! PAG !!

Here are a few.... Gears of War1,2... Pax 2008, Halo 2,3, Left4dead, Halflife2...

[quote name='UncleBob']I do. All the time.

Where the heck did OP get a Professor Layton shirt!?!?[/QUOTE]
Here you go.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220406596194

EDIT: It's interesting to read through this thread, to see the split down the middle between gamers who like to show they're gamers, and gamers who are embarrassed to be classified as one in public.

[quote name='Koggit']is that justification? if i saw someone wearing a gaming shirt of a character i didn't recognize it'd seem much nerdier (in a bad way) than if it had been an easily recognized character like link or master chief or whatever.[/QUOTE]
If you didn't recognize a gaming shirt with a gaming character on it, how would you know it's a gaming shirt? The point of wearing the "underground" (for lack of a better term) gaming shirts is that they can look good to the non-hardcore gamers, but can still rise a connection between a friend or start a conversation with a stranger.

I think this has been said before... Hell no.
I don't like games THAT much. Like movies, tv, etc, I leave them where I see them, on the TV. Anything more is worship. Further, I don't believe in wearing the logo of a company on my clothes. And for free? We should be PAID to advertise, NOT PAY THEM to advertise. Yeeessshhhh! Our sane world...

EDIT: Remember folks, you are talking about wearing on your person clothing with product logos, designs, etc. PRODUCTS. Entertainment products here. Talk about a culture based on consumption. At what point are you primarily a consumer?...

Yeah, i have some gaming shirts mostly retro. My favorite is my excitebike shirt and my Wii shirt (not retro) with Miyamoto, iwata, and Reggie, from GDC.

[quote name='ssssss']If you didn't recognize a gaming shirt with a gaming character on it, how would you know it's a gaming shirt? The point of wearing the "underground" (for lack of a better term) gaming shirts is that they can look good to the non-hardcore gamers, but can still rise a connection between a friend or start a conversation with a stranger.[/QUOTE]

when did i say they'd know it's a gaming shirt?

show me a gaming shirt that a non-gamer would think looks good.

someone mentioned this one earlier:
zoom_tf2-tee.sniper.jpg

if you didn't recognize it was from tf2 it's even more lame, much lamer... looks like something that'd be in a dollar bin for 8 year olds at walmart

[quote name='Koggit']when did i say they'd know it's a gaming shirt?

show me a gaming shirt that a non-gamer would think looks good.

if you didn't recognize it was from tf2 it's even more lame, much lamer... looks like something that'd be in a dollar bin for 8 year olds at walmart[/QUOTE]

Personally, I love this shirt, and get compliments on it a lot. Some people recognize it, while some don't, but still like it.
reid2_large.jpg

This shirt, also Earthbound related, seems simple and nice in my opinion.

I have a couple Guitar Hero shirts I've gotten for cheap that I haven't worn yet. I always wanted a Rock Band logo shirt, but I could never find a cheap one about medium.

I do wear my Super Mario Bros. 3 hoody from time to time. It's black with little Mario's and his enemies all over.

oh i still have my starfox shirt and jacket I won at the starfox contests they held in kay bee stores and trus and such 17-18 years ago or so.

bread's done
Back