Do your Circuit Cities and Targets just SUCK??

William Smith

CAGiversary!
A looong looong time ago a target near me used to put out games with 'red' tags that were cheap. Like two years ago. Now that is OVER. And my CC has to have the absolute WORST selection of cheap games EVER. I never see ANY game there that so many go on and on about here.

Am I alone on this?

Why... why did you have to do this? Okay, ChrisXE, get your ass over here so we can continue our little flame war. :evil:

This thread needs to be locked now before anything happens.

No you are not alone. My Target has almost no sales whatsoever; the same goes for Circuit City.

Do mods read this stuff? Is it necessary to be taunted when it is totally irrelavent?

Anyway, I remember seeing Mega Man Blue No. 3 whatever that GBA series is for $5 here on CAG... sure enough, CC didn't have it. Silent Scope Complete? $9.99? MY CIRCUIT CITY!!? HA!! Thats a hot one.

..I found Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for $4.99 at CC during the sale

Nice. I think my CC must NEVER get in games anymore unless they are new releases. That has to be it.

That's why YMMV exists. Not all stores have the same games in stock. And if you got Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for $5, then why the hell are you complaining about not being able to get great deals?

[quote name='sj41']That's why YMMV exists. Not all stores have the same games in stock. And if you got Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for $5, then why the hell are you complaining about not being able to get great deals?[/quote]

Scorch got the deal, not the OP

Both my Target and my Circuit City are awful when it comes to selection. My CC is tiny, and my Target never had La Pucelle anyway when it went to $20, and never has clearance titles.

I don't see why people are going so hard on the OP. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a large CC or Target nearby.

My Target is REALLY bad, however my CC had some great games for the five dollar sale. CC has a great selection of games period, because they have to compete with our enourmous BB, which is right down the street. Target is horrific though

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='sj41']That's why YMMV exists. Not all stores have the same games in stock. And if you got Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for $5, then why the hell are you complaining about not being able to get great deals?[/quote]

Scorch got the deal, not the OP[/quote]You got me. I didn't know that was quoting Scorch.

I agree with the OP, my target selection rather dull or for a term lacking in deals deaprtment....circuit city by my house is usually pretty descent actaully.

The Circuit City near me REALLY sucks. Most of the workers are jerks and the selection of games is crap. Target is pretty good, but the workers are kinda zoned out.

Yea, my target sucks too.

The bargain/clearance area is nothing compared to other stores I've been in and recently they started reorganizing so now its down to like a shelf.

My Target is AWFUL!

I remember I was going to get the REmake back when it first came out b/c Target had it for $39.99. So I went in 4 days in a row around the release date trying to find the damn game. I eventually caved and bought it @ Coconuts for $50. Turns out my Target didn't get it in for another TWO AND A HALF WEEKS after that. Jeesh.

However, I did snag a copy of La Pucelle for $20, so I guess its not THAT bad.

San Francisco - My CC is okay but it didn't have anything for the $5 sale. I don't go to Target much, they seem to be in stock but mainly newer titles. My TRU completely sucks - no deals at all for PS2 - but I did see some Perfect Darks.

I'm assuming that if you're in a big city, the selection of clearance items will be smaller since non-CAGs will pick up games no matter the price.

because of this site i've gotten more videogames then i EVER THOUGHT POSSIBLE....partly becasue of my targets and CC's...i guess it's just the luck of the draw...my town has three targets and four CC's in driving distance :p

I started CAGing on my local Target. All in all, the only things I ever got from there were Gungrave, Gunvalkyrie, and La Pucelle. My CC had a decent selection during the $5 sale, but I passed up a lot of games (stupidly) that I didn't think I'd have time for. My BB usually sucks, they never have anything I want. For example, I know that some BB's carry Katamari Damacy, because a friend of mine who works in King of Prussia PA saw them at the BB by his office, but I can't find it anywhere around here.

I have no problem with the ones around me... of course, I don't have a feeling of entitlement about getting clearence games or any deal for that matter. If I get the stuff, great. If I don't, oh well.
Of course, knowing that there are multiple CAGS picking out of the same pool tempers that... you can't expect to be pulling great stuff all the time if others are searching for the same stuff as well.

The employees at all of them are usually pretty nice and accomidating. Of course, this could be YMMV depending on how you treat them.

CC is okay here but Target did away with clearance games 2 months back. they also redid their game part of the store so there will probally never ever be a game clearance again

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='sj41']That's why YMMV exists. Not all stores have the same games in stock. And if you got Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for $5, then why the hell are you complaining about not being able to get great deals?[/quote]

Scorch got the deal, not the OP[/quote]You got me. I didn't know that was quoting Scorch.[/quote]

You didn't know because you don't read the body of what is being said, you just want to attack people instead of contributing insight into the conversations.

My Target absolutely sucks. it's a SUPER Target, the only one in the area. Because it's bigger and better than our Walmarts everyone goes there. Also it's newer, less than a decade old I think. So not only are there very few deals, (it seems to be the last target on earth to get any clearance reductions) when there is a deal it's already gone.

We have two CC's. The Good CC and the Bad CC. The bad CC is by the mall and it sucks. They are beligerant about price matching, their selection is poor because of high traffic, horrible.

The CC in Wilmington is the good CC. They open earlier, never have a problem price matching, have much better selection, and friendly customer service.

I can't complain about my CC. The employees are always helpful and don't mind scanning nearly every game on the shelves for me during the $5 sales. I've had pretty good luck there getting some great deals.
I've never had much luck at Target and the game selection is tiny. There's also never anyone working around that department to open the glass case if you want to check something out.
Like some of the previous posters said, it's YMMV, but CC probably gets 70% of my business when it comes to gaming and electronics.

[quote name='William Smith'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='sj41']That's why YMMV exists. Not all stores have the same games in stock. And if you got Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for $5, then why the hell are you complaining about not being able to get great deals?[/quote]

Scorch got the deal, not the OP[/quote]You got me. I didn't know that was quoting Scorch.[/quote]

You didn't know because you don't read the body of what is being said, you just want to attack people instead of contributing insight into the conversations.[/quote]

..that, or the fact that you didn't click the quote button.

Around here in St. Louis, we tend to have much better selections for games at the two Target Greatlands we have in the area and not so good at the other Targets. I've never seen any of the clearance deals that others run into for the older stuff that goes supercheap. When they stock games, they tend to stock the more popular games of the current stuff, with a much heavier presence for PS2 than XBox or GC. For help, Target empolyees tend to be alright, though some stores I've been to are much better than others.

The CC stores in the area tend to be better for the newer stores they've done with the newer/bigger formats (St. Louis Mills, Chesterfield and Brentwood) and the smaller stores tend to be a bit less populated for the good stuff. I did find some nice finds at the larger CC stores during the past couple CC sales, though some of the harder to find items were found at the smaller stores, since I guess people didn't hit them as hard. The employees at the larger stores tend to be more knowledgeable, though as a whole, they're all pretty good. With the exception of the one store's employees buying up games from the currently running "fall sale" before they marked them down for the public, that is. :evil:

Mine do suck . . . but I do manage to get a few things at Target . . .

My CC is run by ###holes but I did score mightily during the summer $5 sale!

There was a very distinct point where all the CC's around me went to hell. They used to have horizontally-sloped CD racks, which were very easy to flip through. But then they switched to vertical "bookshelf"-style racks, but kept the CD's all facing forward, and they removed all the alphabetical dividers. Not sure if I'm explaining it right, but trust me it is a pain in the ass to sort through anything now.

For the games, their "low price" bins are a complete mess. The games are all upright and stuffed in tightly, so you have to pull each one out just to read the title and see what game it is. Plus there usually doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which games get placed in there (I see full-price games in there all the time). And of course, no one ever bothers to updated the price tags on the games in the main section. I remember recently I saw three copies of CastleVania:LOI marked at three different prices.

A disorganized mess, and then when you finally do get something you end up spending ten minutes just trying to find a cashier.

In short, I do believe the CC's around me suck ass. I get the occasional good deal, but the process is always headache-inducing.

I have no real complaints about both places. I took advantage of C.C. $4.99 sale when it broke out and I enjoyed Targets coupons and Sunday sales. Yes, their bargin bins are lacking but thats ok with me.

When it comes to service, I thought the Target employees were uniformly good. The C.C. employees on the other hand ranged wildly from pretty helpful to abyssmal.

I was out of the country for the $5 sale can somebody link me to the thread because I am curious as to what all the fuss is about

I used to have literally a dozen Targets to choose from, back when I lived in MN -- the place where the store started. Now, in LA, the only nearby Target is pretty junked up and treated almost like a Wal-Mart. Pretty sad, because I love their stores.

The nearby CCs are hit or miss. I think, living in LA, that a lot of other CAGs get to the good stuff first sometimes, which keeps the selection less than ideal.

However, I've noticed Best Buys even slipping. The one closest to me has a terrible selection for both GameCube and GBA stuff.

Still, this is all nitpicking, since I've gotten some great deals from all of the above places. If we got an awesome deal every time we went into them, we wouldn't need CAG, would we?

[quote name='ViolentLee']However, I've noticed Best Buys even slipping. The one closest to me has a terrible selection for both GameCube and GBA stuff.[/quote]

The BB's out here seem to going the same route, for GC and GBA games. Much better selection with the CC around here for both those gaming systems.

Best Buy seems to be slimming down their game section like crazy. Only the big hits and new releases seem to stay on the shelves. The bad news is we get a sucky selection for GGC usage. The good news is that they end up going crazy trying to get rid of the old stuff (hence the $5 sale from a while back).

I wouldn't say my Target or CC suck. No.

Target is fun for scanning the bargain rack games to see if any are clearanced. I've probably picked up 5 or more games for less than $10 like that over the past few months.

CC I generally only hit up when they have a good sale in their flyer, or I hear about some clearance on here, or I want to PM/use a competitors coupon to make a deal really sweet. I've bought quite a few cheap games there, too.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Best Buy seems to be slimming down their game section like crazy. Only the big hits and new releases seem to stay on the shelves. The bad news is we get a sucky selection for GGC usage. The good news is that they end up going crazy trying to get rid of the old stuff (hence the $5 sale from a while back).[/quote]

That's what has me irked at them, since the local ones to me are such asses about doing PM's, the only time I'm thinking about buying from them is when it's a cheap XBL title or a $19.99 and use a GGC on it. The selections at EBGames and Gamestop have always better (duh), but they're been really bad on selections past a few months' time from release.

The GC and GBA sections have really slimmed down at the ones out here.

bread's done
Back