Feedback
14 (100%)
I received this email today from Buy.com
We shall see if it pans out tomorrow.

"Starting March 9th, all EA Games priced $49.99 or more will be 50% off
plus Free Shipping! Offer expires March 15th."

UPDATE:

Dear buy.com Affiliates,

I regretfully inform you that we have to take down the 50% off EA Games offer. Please replace any links you have of this offer with the link below asap:
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=FKSJxY2VJAk&offerid=56785.10000702&type=3&subid=0

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

well said, ultimanecat1. as much as i'd like a cheap copy of 007(x-box), i'm not gonna stay up 'til 3am for it, and it would be nice if there were still some left when i woke up in the morning....

[quote name='Dane']Fifa 2004 blows IMO, but I loved fifa 2003. I don't know if I can make it till 2 AM CT

oh well[/quote]

set alarm, wake up, buy games, go back to sleep ;)

does debit cards work on buy.com? the problem is that i dont have a credit card but only a Debit Card. i dont really trust using DC on online purchases. anyone buy stuff online using a DC? especially on buy.com

Debit cards should work fine as long as they are carried through a major credit system. For example, I buy things online all the time with my bank card, and since it has a big VISA symbol right on the front, it behaves just like a visa credit card. Otherwise, it may be possible to use other types, but their usage and usefullness will vary from site to site.

Go Spring Break!

For some reason I can't sleep until 3 or 4 when I'm at home anyways. Ahh but I just ate some Chinese food and I feeling sleepy already grr... must... be... cheapass..

[quote name='trunks982']does debit cards work on buy.com? the problem is that i dont have a credit card but only a Debit Card. i dont really trust using DC on online purchases. anyone buy stuff online using a DC? especially on buy.com[/quote]

actually, i always use my debit card, that way i know exactly what coming and going. Ive used it for bestbuy,eb,gamestop,half.com and everything else

[quote name='TheRaven'][quote name='WildWop']Is FIFA worth it, or should I go pay full price for Winning Eleven[/quote]

Pay full for Winning 11[/quote]

^^^

[quote name='ultimanecat1']Please people, let me instill a bit of temperence into the proceedings. Please, please, PLEASE do not buy more copies of anything than you plan on immediately using or giving to a friend or relative. I may be talking to the wrong crowd here, as you are all stand-up chaps, but it would very much suck if everybody didn't get a chance to pick up what they want. So, don't go buying multiple copies to go sell on ebay, and remember your CAG comrades![/quote]

Yeah, I'd say you're preaching to the choir. :lol: You're probably also preaching to the unrepentant damned... Either way, I don't know if your plea will change anyone. I definitely share your sentiments though.

Please people, let me instill a bit of temperence into the proceedings. Please, please, PLEASE do not buy more copies of anything than you plan on immediately using or giving to a friend or relative. I may be talking to the wrong crowd here, as you are all stand-up chaps, but it would very much suck if everybody didn't get a chance to pick up what they want. So, don't go buying multiple copies to go sell on ebay, and remember your CAG comrades!

Considering this is already over on Fatwallet I'd say that the sale is going to get mobbed regardless.

[quote name='drock']
Please people, let me instill a bit of temperence into the proceedings. Please, please, PLEASE do not buy more copies of anything than you plan on immediately using or giving to a friend or relative. I may be talking to the wrong crowd here, as you are all stand-up chaps, but it would very much suck if everybody didn't get a chance to pick up what they want. So, don't go buying multiple copies to go sell on ebay, and remember your CAG comrades!

Considering this is already over on Fatwallet I'd say that the sale is going to get mobbed regardless.[/quote]

I'll hopefully be up around the time the sale picks up, and all I really ask is that I get to buy a single (1!) copy of EoN. That's all I want. Now, I'd be very mad if I can't do that because some asshat mega-seller on ebay decides that he's gonna buy the entire stock of these games, turn around and make some cash on them.

This happens all too much now that sites like CAG and Fatwallets have grown in popularity (although I am admittedly part of that problem...only started posting a week or so back, but I've been lurking for months).

Anyways, if anybody wants to be real nice, they'd pick up those multiple copies and turn around and sell them at zero profit back to us CAG'ers.

o well, got midterms to study, it was gonna be a long night anyway...but now its like a get a prize for studying late

This happens all too much now that sites like CAG and Fatwallets have grown in popularity (although I am admittedly part of that problem...only started posting a week or so back, but I've been lurking for months).

Anyways, if anybody wants to be real nice, they'd pick up those multiple copies and turn around and sell them at zero profit back to us CAG'ers.

Well if this happens to you it's KARMA baby! :twisted:

[quote name='superstevedogg']Im gonna buy 100 copies of the bond game, and do the "WalMart Trick."[/quote]

consider yourself kicked,banned,and spit on!!!

[quote name='Ivanhoe']ya walmart here i come with 100 mvps and 007s !![/quote]

You can't be serious...if you are let me know so I can curse you out real good and proper. :evil:

If he's serious he deserves more than just real good and proper cursing, maybe a swift kick in his cheap ass.

EDIT: Then while he's on the ground take all his games for good measure

Argh. Just remembered I have a dentist appointment at 10, so I guess I'm going to sleep before 3. I'll definitely check when I wake up though. Hopefully there's going to be some games left.

Man, I guess everyone is so "sensitive here".

I was only joking when I said Id buy 100 Bonds and taking them back to WalMart. Instead Im only buying 50, and Im flooding EbAy

This is a deal that is seriously geared toward the small business/reseller. Tough crap if the small guy gets burnt on it. Its just the way stuff is. It sucks. Get over it.

I am alarmed that the good stuff may go cheap, cause there are a ton of older EA games that are still $50.

Madden 2001 for instance.

*checks watch*

Only 75 mins to go...

Yeah, i want MVP :(

Except I have a empty account, I'll swipe my dad's card in the morning and and get it 8)

There's a chance that Buy might simply put a one or two game limit per title...they've done things like that before when they've offered special deals. That might prevent some Franky Sweatpail from lining his slimy palms with my hard earned money...

damn it would be great if this thing actually works...im no fan of ea sport games ( sega blows them all) but mvp for $25 pretty good...now what system to get it for??

[quote name='superstevedogg']This is a deal that is seriously geared toward the small business/reseller. Tough crap if the small guy gets burnt on it. Its just the way stuff is. It sucks. Get over it.

I am alarmed that the good stuff may go cheap, cause there are a ton of older EA games that are still $50.

Madden 2001 for instance.[/quote]

buy.com is not a wholesale outlet, it is a retailer. Nothing it does is "geared toward" people buying mass quantities and selling them for a profit. If the deal goes through (I'm still a bit sceptic at this point), then they are doing it for customer goodwill. They are not doing this so others can make a profit on what they sell at a loss. If you plan on buying up their stock of these games, then none of us can stop you. But please don't try justifying it saying that it's just the way things are. Your opportunism comes at the expense of anybody else who wants to buy a copy for their personal enjoyment. If you can live with screwing people over (and plenty of people can without blinking) then do what you gotta do. Just don't write your greed off as the fault of others.

Actually, I may have misread what you typed. So I'm sorry if you actually don't plan on doing this yourself. I just get fired up sometimes when I feel a good deal being threatened by the greed of others.

Whats the point of buying a ton of games and then selling them on ebay...youll just drive down the price of the game on ebay and make less money

Damn pardon me for saying how hot that is that webcamjenna: likes anime. NFL. NFL video games. Cheap games + free shipping. is a girl (i'm assuming).

Maybe there's some chance she's Jenna Jameson :shock:

[quote name='kane1330']Whats the point of buying a ton of games and then selling them on ebay...youll just drive down the price of the game on ebay and make less money[/quote]

You can charge double the price for the games since you bought it at 50% off and make profit... Since there's thousands of Ebayers who aren't cheapasses.

[quote name='magilacudy']Damn pardon me for saying how hot that is that webcamjenna: likes anime. NFL. NFL video games. Cheap games + free shipping. is a girl (i'm assuming).

Maybe there's some chance she's Jenna Jameson :shock:[/quote]

HAHA. Naw I'm not Jenna Jameson(most people assume I am) but thanks for the comments. Not a lot of guys are amazed by my interests.

Open Open Open Open Open Open Open.
Anybody remember that famous commericial for Payless Shoes where this quote came from? Just making conversation. *Twiddles fingers*

bread's done
Back