Feedback
14 (100%)
I received this email today from Buy.com
We shall see if it pans out tomorrow.

"Starting March 9th, all EA Games priced $49.99 or more will be 50% off
plus Free Shipping! Offer expires March 15th."

UPDATE:

Dear buy.com Affiliates,

I regretfully inform you that we have to take down the 50% off EA Games offer. Please replace any links you have of this offer with the link below asap:
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=FKSJxY2VJAk&offerid=56785.10000702&type=3&subid=0

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Maybe the reason you guys can't see the sale is because your eyes are all fogged over from staying up all night waiting for the impossible. Y'all sound like Linus waiting for "The Great Pumpkin"

[quote name='jetblac']Maybe the reason you guys can't see the sale is because your eyes are all fogged over from staying up all night waiting for the impossible. Y'all sound like Linus waiting for "The Great Pumpkin"[/quote]

Watch it, or i'll take you out with my flying house :)

u guys think its gonna be midnight tonight maybe?

even though the confirmed email from yesteray said midnight 3/9 (tonight)
would of made it lastnight not tonight.

this sucks.

buy.com sucks anyways but 50% off is a deal enough for me to buy from buy.com IF it ever happens

Well at least I didn't miss out by going to bed.

So what other sites has this appeared on? Fat Wallet, IGN. Where else?

Oh wow! I just checked and it's gone! Last night Deal Rush had this thing posted as well with a link to buy.com and now it's gone!!!! :eek:

Fat wallet has it and it links to an EA page but the deal is free shipping on select EA games, ends March 15th. Sounds like this might have been the intended deal and not the 50% off thing...that did sound a little far fetched. MVP baseball isn't even on the list though......

If some random person had posted this I would have been highly skeptical and dismissed it till I saw it with my own eyes.

In this case Cheapy got an email from the site.

This may be the internet but false advertising is false advertising.

Buy.com and Sam Goody are in my doghouse

Free shipping is a lame "sale" to begin with... I could just drive to any store that sells video games and pick up a $49.99 game. Where's the draw in ordering online?

Perhaps they don't charge tax? SWEET, I was planning on spending that $3 on a pair of blunted safety scissors anyway!

[quote name='jshorr']Fat wallet has it and it links to an EA page but the deal is free shipping on select EA games, ends March 15th. Sounds like this might have been the intended deal and not the 50% off thing...that did sound a little far fetched. MVP baseball isn't even on the list though......[/quote]
but mvp is in the picture

Well......Try to pickup 007: Everything or Nothing, FIFA 2004 but w/o 50% off is no deal :(

Seem like i have to wait........till it drop down $19.99 :)

[quote name='CheapyD']Got this from FW, didn't receive the email yet myself:

Dear buy.com Affiliates,

I regretfully inform you that we have to take down the 50% off EA Games offer. Please replace any links you have of this offer with the link below asap:

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.[/quote]

"Take down"????

When was it ever up?

Dear buy.com,

I regretfully inform you that I will never buy anything from your site...ever. Please remove yourself from the internet asap:

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

[quote name='CheapyD']Got this from FW, didn't receive the email yet myself:

Dear buy.com Affiliates,

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.[/quote]

Probably got scared off by all the excitement this deal caused.

[quote name='little_krampy']Dear buy.com,

I regretfully inform you that I will never buy anything from your site...ever. Please remove yourself from the internet asap[/quote]

LOL. Those bastards better think of some compensation for us quick.

This Buy.com non-sale gets a :x :x :x :x :x rating out of :x :x :x :x :x .

Well, that does it. I'm not doing business with Buy.com until I personally judge that it has redeemed itself. In the meantime, I'm boycotting the store and making sure all my friends pull their business from the site, too. Ultimately, it may not mean much to a huge online store with thousands of customers, but I'm still going to make my stand...

They should never have sent an email until the deal was up and active, or in other words never sent one at all.

This better not have been false advertising just to drum up site traffic.

Losers

Well I'm gonna take that $3 I save by not paying tax (or paying at all, really, since I'll be damned if I'm buying anything there), go and buy my blunted safety scissors, and hunt the bastard down that sent the original email. What would I do with blunted scissors, you ask? I'd cut their fingers off, of course, so they can no longer type errant emails. It would take a good long time, too, with those blunted scissors.

Kind of like a beheading with a butter knife.

Or, I can just shop elsewhere. Either way.

Pansy asses, and my birthday is in 2 weeks, too. I wanted MVP Baseball for my 19th birthday :(.

Heh, getting it anyway 8).

Cheap ass mother farkin' bastages.

[quote name='WildWop']Well I'm gonna take that $3 I save by not paying tax (or paying at all, really, since I'll be damned if I'm buying anything there), go and buy my blunted safety scissors, and hunt the bastard down that sent the original email. What would I do with blunted scissors, you ask? I'd cut their fingers off, of course, so they can no longer type errant emails. It would take a good long time, too, with those blunted scissors.

Kind of like a beheading with a butter knife.

Or, I can just shop elsewhere. Either way.[/quote]

I'm going to guess here and say that you long ago found a CAG deal on Manhunt. :lol:

hahahahha....i am so happy that i didnt stay up for the deal...it has to be the biggest hyped deal that never happened in the history of CAG....ahahha all you poor saps who stayed up for nothing...hahah...man this makes my day

[quote name='rapsodist']This Buy.com non-sale gets a :x :x :x :x :x rating out of :x :x :x :x :x .[/quote]

Yes, I just quoted myself. With that out of the way, I just wanted to apologize for making a lousy reference to the old GamePro ratings design. #-o

[quote name='bmac1632']hahahahha....i am so happy that i didnt stay up for the deal...it has to be the biggest hyped deal that never happened in the history of CAG....ahahha all you poor saps who stayed up for nothing...hahah...man this makes my day[/quote]

It's already bad enough without you rubbing it in. Don't be a bastard to your fellow CAG's.

Anyway, I already have 3 posts on this one page of the thread. I think that's enough. I'm going to go now...

We've got to admit it is kind of funny. Nearly 500 posts in 24 hours for a deal that never even happened. The Target and CC clearance threads took weeks to get to a thousand, and each of those are filled with deals.

On the other hand I was up till 3 am because I didn't want to miss out on Bond. That's not cool.

Wishful thinking:

Buy.com should come to this site, and email everyone in this thread who waited with a unique code to get half off at least one game (Bond). It's the least they can do.

Will it happen ? No damnit!

That's why it's wishful thinking :wink:

Something's fishy...I have a feeling that buy.com never had any intention of actually carrying out this "sale". They may have just done it to increase site traffic so they can have some good news to bring to shareholders or potential investors.

Think about it...an fairly unofficial email is sent out to all the sites where gamers congregate for deals saying that a crazily good sale will be occurring in the near future. Then, after they have stirred up enough interest, they pull back and just say that they won't do it. Since it was never officially advertised or promoted (only passed on through emails), they aren't obligated to honor what they proposed to do.

They may figure most people won't care. Unfortunately, most CAG'ers are intelligent and educated consumers who don't like to be played for fools. I would recommend that CheapyD get some more info on what exactly happened; I know he just lost Best Buy as an affiliate, but he may be able to pull some strings help them make amends.

Dude, did April Fools come early or something. I mean people stayed up until 3AM waiting to see if this thing would happen. I'm worried that when April 1st rolls around we will be seeing all sorts of cruel hoax deals posted.

[quote name='BigMan']so did u guys buy a ton of games bahahahaha!

i told ya :)[/quote]

Now, Now, be nice!

[quote name='ultimanecat1']
Think about it...an fairly unofficial email is sent out to all the sites where gamers congregate for deals saying that a crazily good sale will be occurring in the near future. ....

I would recommend that CheapyD get some more info on what exactly happened; I know he just lost Best Buy as an affiliate, but he may be able to pull some strings help them make amends...[/quote]
There was nothing unofficial about it!
It came direct from the woman who handles the Buy.com Affiliate Program.

I was skeptical when I got the email, which is why I emailed her back to confirm that this deal was actually happening.
I received a response that it was.

I will try and find out more info and see if they can hook CAGs up somehow.

I agree that they have done something very wrong here. Many of us have signed up on Buy.com now with our usernames created and credit card info in their databases. Something tells me that they either plan to sell the customer database or they needed more users to present to outside investors.

[quote name='CheapyD']
There was nothing unofficial about it!
It came direct from the woman who handles the Buy.com Affiliate Program...[/quote]
Touche. Well, I more meant that it was never revealed through anything more than emails. Anyways, I know you do tons of great stuff for us CAG's, so it's not really fair to demand much more from you. But here you go and do it anyway! Thanks for looking out for those of us who just want a good deal!

I think they just owned all the cheap gaming sites. Free advertising to thier site. I bet they wanted to generate a certain number of hits, maybe for their finacial report or Maybe because they figured some people would check it out and then say "what the hey, i'll buy it full price because i'm on the site anyways." Either way, all they did do was generate a lot of web site hits and a lot of angry gamers who will never buy from them, ever.

bread's done
Back