[DOA]FINAL FANTASY XI w HDD $50 at TARGET [YMMV]

[quote name='trunks982']u can use the hard drive to save gamesaves? so that means i dont need to buy more memory cards?[/quote]

all you need is one card, as you can transfer your data from the memory card to the hard drive, and vice versa.

I get quite a lot of use out of this feature, as I like to have multiple save files for most of my games and it allows me to do this without ever having to worry about filling up a memory card

I have two memory cards, and I haven't even gotten close to filling one. I seem to have no need for a hard drive. Besides the fact that I traded in my old PS2 for one of the snazzy new models.

Nice find though.

If anyone sees it any other targets let me know and I'll check mine. If I wind up doing so anyway I'll let you know how it goes. Been meaning to get one of these for a while. Appreciate it regardless nmon.

Considering the direction sony is going with the new PS-Two I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen.

Anybody confirm this elsewhere? I'm half-thinking that he may have seen the game in a PC area / the PC sticker listed underneat on the shelf (since the PC version goes for 49.99).

I bought the game days ago for PC, stopped playing - been lookin to gettin back into it, but unfortunately key codes don't last beyond a few months unless you're a really high level. I had reached 34...not high enough because my codes don't work anymore :(. First MMORPG to kill key numbers I've ever played, usually you can canel for years and come back.

Gonna try to swing by tommorrow to see, I got a Target and a Super Target near me so I'll check both (in sacramento).

[quote name='CaseyRyback']checked my Target and saw no price drop on it[/quote]

Did you actually scan it or did you just check the tag on it?

[quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='CaseyRyback']checked my Target and saw no price drop on it[/quote]

Did you actually scan it or did you just check the tag on it?[/quote]

I didn't scan it because I already have one, and was not hunting down an employee.

there was not TPD sign though on it

[quote name='nmon3447']You guys are welcome. I hope you guys have this deal on your Target. Btw, the Target that i saw this from is on West Nyack.[/quote]

Ooooo, that one isn't too far from me.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='CaseyRyback']checked my Target and saw no price drop on it[/quote]

Did you actually scan it or did you just check the tag on it?[/quote]

I didn't scan it because I already have one, and was not hunting down an employee.

[/quote]

How come there's never an employee in Target's electronics dept. anyways? That said I'll check at my Target tomorrow.

[quote name='Nameless One']Anybody confirm this elsewhere? I'm half-thinking that he may have seen the game in a PC area / the PC sticker listed underneat on the shelf (since the PC version goes for 49.99).

I bought the game days ago for PC, stopped playing - been lookin to gettin back into it, but unfortunately key codes don't last beyond a few months unless you're a really high level. I had reached 34...not high enough because my codes don't work anymore :(. First MMORPG to kill key numbers I've ever played, usually you can canel for years and come back.

Gonna try to swing by tommorrow to see, I got a Target and a Super Target near me so I'll check both (in sacramento).[/quote]

You can use the same registration codes that came with it, you just need to purchase a new content ID and then input the codes. Don't waste the money on a new one when the old codes still work.

I called Oaks, PA Target this morning, still $99.99. However, that Target is famous for being behind a few months in their markdowns. I had to wait about three months for them to finally mark down the Xbox Wireless Adapters.

Damn...now there's a $50 void in my spending and I need to fill it...;)

Jeremy

So you can't use this hard drive with the New PSTwo....Why?....Will that problem be corrected cause I wanted the HDD but have noticed some posts stating don't get it with the new PSTwo...

The new PS2 does not support the hardware, there is no place for you to plug the Hard drive into.

This is an obvious indication that the Harddrvie is not supported by Sony anymore. I am not sure why they made that decision. Seems to me there would be alot of potential. I was going to get a Harddrive once they made a few more games that supported it.

[quote name='Wshakspear']other than linux and emulation of various things...what can it be used for?[/quote]

use the HD loader to put your game on the hard drive and then play them with zero load time. Too bad this doesnt work with psone games.

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='Wshakspear']other than linux and emulation of various things...what can it be used for?[/quote]

use the HD loader to put your game on the hard drive and then play them with zero load time. Too bad this doesnt work with psone games.[/quote]

Oh, thats what that HD loader thingy does. Cool idea. Im thinking about picking one up...if anything the FF box looks nice :)

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='Nameless One']Anybody confirm this elsewhere? I'm half-thinking that he may have seen the game in a PC area / the PC sticker listed underneat on the shelf (since the PC version goes for 49.99).

Gonna try to swing by tommorrow to see, I got a Target and a Super Target near me so I'll check both (in sacramento).[/quote]

You can use the same registration codes that came with it, you just need to purchase a new content ID and then input the codes. Don't waste the money on a new one when the old codes still work.[/quote]

I'll have to try that thanks, someone told me that in the manual it says they deactivate a code once its been used; and if your account goes too long w/o getting paid and is deleted (my case) that you cant use the codes again. I'll have to find hte pages in the manual that discuss.

But it's not just that, I'd like to play FFXI from the comfort of my couch as well, and I need an excuse to get the HDD for game saves and the NA to play a few of my older games online :p. This would be a good excuse (because with a NA it wont be more than 80 bucks...adn that is reasonable to me).

[quote name='jaybird']Has anyone besides the OP seen it for this low?[/quote]

Just got back from Super Target, and Target (they're literally within a mile of eachother, but its 'okay' because one is in South Sac and the other is in Elk Grove, border lies about midway between the two) neither had it for 49.99, both 99.99 still :(. If it was a deal, it was jsut for the weekend maybe?

I just bought the HDD with FF11 yesterday, and you can bet I scoured ever local Target, Walmart, and video game store for a cheapass deal. No $50 HDD anywhere, although I did see a few $30, $40, and $50 copies of FF 11 for the PC.

My local Targets have no HDD and will not be restocking them. Price on them currently if they had them was $99.99. The cheapest I could get in store was $89 at Fry's, Circuit City, and Best Buy. And even their instore stock was pretty low.

Considering that the new psTwo doesn't use the HDD, I wouldn't be surprised if the local in store stock start to go on sale. If I could find a $50 HDD in the near future, that would be fantastic...it would make a great Xmas present for my sister's ps2.

You might see price drops online too, but I'm not buying anymore games online with my credit card. I just paid off all my credit card debts, and I refuse to charge them up again. Its cash only for me now.

I'm going to check Target to see if I can find it. I wouldn't buy it to play online, but get it for collection purposes, since I own most every Final Fantasy game and I don't have the time right now to go online.

Got back from the west nyack target that OP supposedly saw the final fantasy on sale. Had them ring it up and it was 99.99. I think OP got confused by the prices that were stacked on top of the final fantasy boxes and thought that they were referring to them as i saw a bunch of 49.99 and 39.99 price tags just lying around on top of the batch of final fantasys.

Deal dead, never alive.

bread's done
Back