DOA for now BB - Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut 12.99 BR

fight_the_youth

CAGiversary!
Not sure if this is an error but at the moment Best Buy website has the Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut for 12.99
its only available for in store pick up and not available for shipping
says available at most stores but no store is showing it in stock

Update:
Just came back from the store and noticed a sign having the dates of sale price good from 7-18 to 8-14

Asked someone who works in the media dept to check the status and said they are suppose to be getting in 6 copies of the movie. Also had him check other stores and shows that the rest of the stores have copies being shipped to them too.

Yet another update:
Website has this listed at 49.99 now
but some stores still have the signage up
showing sale price from 7-18 to 8-14

http://www.bestbuy.com use sku 9588868

1496738h.jpg

1496738bh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='opunity']Here's my receipt just in case someone wants proof.
[/QUOTE]

Did you have to show them the online price or did it ring up at the register at $12.99?

Also, great purchase, congrats to you!

[quote name='opunity']Here's my receipt just in case someone wants proof.
[/QUOTE]

WTF the website said they didn't have any! Thats my damn store. Are there any left opunity???? -

Edit damnit he said only one copy left... I wonder if I can get someone to price match given the receipt.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flatliner718']if it rings up at that price....then i'll be grabbing mine tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Good luck finding any. The post above is the only success story I've seen across 4 or 5 forums.

[quote name='vessey632']Good luck finding any. The post above is the only success story I've seen across 4 or 5 forums.[/QUOTE]
Well, they have a bunch in a local best buy by me, but if it rings up without an over ride...i have all the luck i need.

[quote name='thebob101']Did you have to show them the online price or did it ring up at the register at $12.99?

Also, great purchase, congrats to you![/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well. The receipt says "sale discount" so maybe that's a good sign that it will ring up on sale?

[quote name='Izod517']WTF the website said they didn't have any! Thats my damn store. Are there any left opunity???? -

Edit damnit he said only one copy left... I wonder if I can get someone to price match given the receipt.[/QUOTE]

They only had one on the shelve. I went to the Best Buy on 280 first, and they didn't have any. And an employee looked it up an said that no surrounding Best Buys had it. I went to Trussville and they had one copy.

It rang up as 12.99, I didn't have to show anything. Both Best Buy locations had the 12.99 tag by the blu-rays.

Just came back from the store and noticed a sign having the dates of sale price good from 7-18 to 8-14

Asked someone who works in the media dept to check the status and said they are suppose to be getting in 6 copies of the movie. Also had him check other stores and shows that the rest of the stores have copies being shipped to them too. Guessing they were having the stores ship the copies out and than getting those copies re-shipped to them to spread out the movies equally among the other stores.

http://www.bestbuy.com use sku 9588868

1496738h.jpg

1496738bh.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Izod517']WTF the website said they didn't have any! Thats my damn store. Are there any left opunity???? -
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bezerker']The locator isnt really the end-all either. There's quite a few things where my stores have 3 of them but they show as OOS on the locator.[/QUOTE]

Case & Point.

I'm in that BB rewards program and I've never bought anything yet. Will using the rewards card get me more discounts if I buy this?

[quote name='BOOMATIC206']What day does Best Buy usually get their Blu Ray shipments??[/QUOTE]

I asked an associate, he said Tuesdays or the weekends. Best bet is to call on those days.

[quote name='BOOMATIC206']What day does Best Buy usually get their Blu Ray shipments??[/QUOTE]
I work at Best Buy, and we honestly get movie drops (or shipments) every night. Our main trucks come Mondays and Thursdays though (which carries everything but movies...). But I would just call everyday and see if the shipment has come yet.

so BB.com has been down ever since I saw this last night..would really like to try and get in on this! hope it comes back up before lunch..

It appears BB is going to sell this for $12.99 because there was a sell ad for it on the aisle. So they may be getting some in or waiting to put them out again soon.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']I work at Best Buy, and we honestly get movie drops (or shipments) every night. Our main trucks come Mondays and Thursdays though (which carries everything but movies...). But I would just call everyday and see if the shipment has come yet.[/QUOTE]

any idea how long after the movies are scanned into your inventory it will show up online as available at that store?

Bummer news for the Southern California cats: as of right now, it seems like all stores in the Inland Empire, LA County, Orange County, and San Diego are out of stock of this item. The store clerk did a search for all counties all throughout the So. Cal region and even Hawaii. I will make the occasional trip out to my San Bernardino BB just to check but I'm not betting on it.

Just checked my local BB in OC and one in Mira Loma, no luck. If anyone comes up on some extras I will take one if possible.

I just checked Tuttle Dublin, OH no luck and none in the surrounding areas. The employee did say that they were trying to order six from the warehouse (which currently shows none in stock).

Went yesterday and they were not in stock. I asked if they were getting any and the CS said he didn't think so. I am going to check all of the local BB's in my area. I will post back if I find anything out. Good luck to all those looking.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Went to one today. If there isn't any in Friday, I'm gonna ask for a Rain Check.[/QUOTE]

Do rain checks exist still?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Do rain checks exist still?[/QUOTE]

Well, I talked to the Manager of the store, he said he would give me a rain check. I know the manager pretty good cause I'm in there a lot. So to answer your question, Yes.

Uhmmmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I just did an instore pickup for this, which all of the stores in my area show available stock. This wasn't like this a day ago. I'll check in when I get the full skinny.

I just did an in store pick up and received an e-mail moments later saying it was unavailable. Interestingly when I did a search with my work zip code it lists the store I ordered it from as being unavailable. When I tried again with my home zip it still says available.

so more copies of this are coming? As a big Watchmen fan and an even bigger cheap ass, this would be awesome to get my hands on.

^not according the person I talked to at Best Buy today...

He looked it up in the computer, said there were no copies in the state, no copies could be ordered online and there would then be no way they would get any more shipments of it.

who knows now

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Went to one today. If there isn't any in Friday, I'm gonna ask for a Rain Check.[/QUOTE]

it's on sale until 8/18 anyways, if they don't get any by then I wouldn't expect it.

[quote name='wormraper']as was mentioned before in other threads, BB corporate ordered all stores to ship them back to Warner for Reimbursement last week.[/QUOTE]

odd... why even put them on sale then?

Just hit 3 in my area. Only one had the signage out. All had the DVD but no blu. I agree with you as well, DV. Why put them onsale. And to top it off, why not send the standard dvd sets back as well? Heck, two of mine were still selling those damn six pack of buttons.

[quote name='BuckSatan']I just did an in store pick up and received an e-mail moments later saying it was unavailable. Interestingly when I did a search with my work zip code it lists the store I ordered it from as being unavailable. When I tried again with my home zip it still says available.[/QUOTE]
This happened to me. Disappointing.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Just hit 3 in my area. Only one had the signage out. All had the DVD but no blu. I agree with you as well, DV. Why put them onsale. And to top it off, why not send the standard dvd sets back as well? Heck, two of mine were still selling those damn six pack of buttons.[/QUOTE]

I was gonna post back and add the fact they didn't send the regular DVD Ultimate Cuts back... doesn't make much sense to me.

[quote name='opunity']They only had one on the shelve. I went to the Best Buy on 280 first, and they didn't have any. And an employee looked it up an said that no surrounding Best Buys had it. I went to Trussville and they had one copy.

It rang up as 12.99, I didn't have to show anything. Both Best Buy locations had the 12.99 tag by the blu-rays.[/QUOTE]
Stay out of my store;)

I just picked up a copy for $12.99 at Ultimate Electronics (after going everywhere looking for this damn thing...). Thanks for the heads up on this OP!

[quote name='Nesmaster75']I just picked up a copy for $12.99 at Ultimate Electronics (after going everywhere looking for this damn thing...). Thanks for the heads up on this OP![/QUOTE]

Heeeeyyy, looks like I'm not the only one who decided to PM at UE :D

it was basically dead since none were to be found, but, the sale sign in store said the price was 12.99 until 8/15..

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]I took the sale tag that Best buy had out and went across the street and had Ultimate Electronics price match them :D

[/FONT]

bread's done
Back