[DOA] Refurb XBox Console for $99 shipped

Question: Who does these refurbs? Microsoft themselves? Has anyone here ever bought a refurb? I have some eb credit and may get some more with the current trade-in deal so I am wondering if this will be worth it or not.

With the reputation of preowned systems at eb not being very good combined with my horrid experieince with eb used systms... I would think you would be better off buying a new one.

I mean, if you can't afford the 149 you can't afford the games...

[quote name='soulwish2003']With the reputation of preowned systems at eb not being very good combined with my horrid experieince with eb used systms... I would think you would be better off buying a new one.

I mean, if you can't afford the 149 you can't afford the games...[/quote]

most people here dont spend $50 on games...the most expensive i usually buy ar 15$

[quote name='Advocatus']Not thread crapping but, I think that's not that great of a combo deal.

Gamestop has preowned Xbox w/1 free game.
$119.99
The list includes:Halo or mech assault, hitman 2, Mortal Kombat, splinter cell

*caveat this system is preowned and not refurbished, but "It is guaranteed to work" for 60 days... and they are quick to exchange it if there is a problem.

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?...title&OrderAscDesc=Asc&imageFlag=show&statcd=[/quote]

1. refurbs are better than pre owned.
2. you could buy it from that link, and then spend 20$ on any one of the games u mentioned and get 3 games for 120$ instead of one

think before you post

I can afford to buy a new Xbox...but I'm not too excitied about the console in general. I figured if I can get it cheap it might be worth it to pick one up. I traded in 5 games and made about 20 or so in credit from what I paid for them (Halo trade-in) so I figure I could get this for around 75-80 total cost. Oh and yes I would rather be a cheap-ass. Maybe I should just get some games instead with my trade-in credit.

My apologies if:

1. This deal wasn't up to snuff and/or
2. The code either does not or never did work.

No attempt at treachery, that was and is the deal listed on slickdeals. Generally all of the deals posted on that site are posted here, so I thought it would be ok to repost it.

CTL

Why exactly are they refurbished? Are they returns or did they fall out of the truck on the way to the store or what?

To drop the price even further, you can trade in an old playstaion and 7 games. The game have to be in case with instructions and the a/v cord, ac adapter and one controller must be turned in with trade in. You get $50 credit towards a neext-gen system and only a next gen system. It can either be new used or refurbed. Refurbed xbox would be $80 after trade in.

They code worked earlier but they must have pulled it, I was tempted to purchase this and had everything inputed but at the last moment read that people had problems with the refurb items so i passed, but the code DID work it took like 24$ off so dont blame the poster blame EBgames.com.

Tim

[quote name='ayolykewhoa']Why exactly are they refurbished? Are they returns or did they fall out of the truck on the way to the store or what?[/quote]

Refurbished products are items that have been previously owned and whose owners have experienced problems with the products. The products are then sent back to the original manufacturer to be repaired. I don't believe that any seller of refurbished items ever lists the problem(s) with a specific unit since the problem has been fixed anyway.

A lot of people seem to approach refurbished products as damaged goods, but the truth is that if anything, these products have been given special attention while repaired and can sometimes be in overall better working order than a new product shipped fresh from the factory. (Some people, though, may have a problem with the fact that a large majority of its parts have already "been with someone else" :lol: ). Of course, even if it does act up again, you should still be given the original, applicable full warranty.

bread's done
Back