DOA4 & NFS:MW $59.99 @ Outpost $0 S/H + others

They can keep the next generation if they are going to charge more then $49.99 for games at launch and that goes equally for Sony, Microsoft or, Nintendo.

whoa, $60 games for Xbox 360. Looks like when the next generation of games launch CAG's user numbers are going to skyrocket :D

I do believe that Microsoft can go fuck itself with those prices. I mean holy shit, I can probably get half the Xbox library for half the price on PC (Condemned, Elder Scrolls IV, Call of Duty 2 -- all the major games are also on PC and'll prolly be around $35-40.)

[quote name='Epic Wolf']not really a deal but I wont expect any PD's until about a year after launch...[/QUOTE]

No offense, but
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

There are plenty of Lemmings out there who readily and regularly fork out the full $49.99 retail price for many a new game. All the marketing hype will have to say is "it's newer, better technology," and the Lemmings will mindlessly line up to pay $59.99 per game.

I think online sites are playing CYA on this and don't want to be blindsided by higher prices.

There's no way in hell 360 games are going to be $60. At this point you're hard pressed to find 15 games that are $50 on the Xbox at any given time. The majority of games are now $20-30.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I think online sites are playing CYA on this and don't want to be blindsided by higher prices.

There's no way in hell 360 games are going to be $60. At this point you're hard pressed to find 15 games that are $50 on the Xbox at any given time. The majority of games are now $20-30.[/QUOTE]

Current titles (30, 29 if you don't include Spanish Forza):

Area 51
Advent Rising with Bonus!
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Mercenaries
Juiced with Bonus!
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition
Conker: Live and Reloaded with Bonus!
Dead to Rights II: Hell to Pay
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition with Bonus!
Iron Phoenix
Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
Forza Motorsport with Bonus!
FORZA SPANISH VERSION XB
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory with Bonus!
Karaoke Revolution Bundle
Cold Fear
DragonBall Z: Sagas with Bonus!
Pariah with Bonus!
NBA Street V3
NCAA Football 06
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Fight Night Round 2
WWE WrestleMania 21 with Bonus!
Destroy All Humans!
Fantastic 4 with Bonus!
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
DOOM 3: The Collector's Edition
Psychonauts
------------------------
Preorders (84):

Far Cry Instincts
Darkwatch with Bonus!
Battlefield Modern Combat
Madden NFL 06 with Bonus!
187: Ride or Die
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down with Bonus!
Scarface: The World is Yours
Rainbow Six: Lockdown with Bonus!
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
The Movies
True Crime 2
Ultimate Spider-Man with Bonus!
X-Men Legends 2
Godfather: The Game
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction with Bonus!
AEON FLUX XB
America's Army: Rise of a Soldier
The Warriors
CHRONICLES OF NARNIA XB
The Matrix: Path of Neo
NBA LIVE 2006 XB
James Bond From Russia With Love XB
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects
Star Wars Battlefront II
Tomb Raider: Legend
BLAZING ANGELS SQUADS WWII XB
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
50 Cent: Bulletproof
LA RUSH XB
GAUNTLET SEVEN SORROWS XB
The Suffering: Ties That Bind
SNIPER ELITE XB
Stargate SG-1: The Alliance
CURIOUS GEORGE XB
Spartan: Total Warrior
SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG XB
HITMAN BLOOD MONEY XB
Sims 2
Full Spectrum Warrior: 10 Hammers
SPONGE SQRPNTS LGHT CAM P XB
INCREDIBLES RISE UNDERMINR XB
Bully
SHATTERED UNION XB
Dynasty Warriors 5
Winback 2: Project Poseiden
TONY HAWK AMERICAN WASTLND XB
GUN XB
KING KONG XB
BROTHERS IN ARMS BLOOD XB
And 1 Streetball
Prince of Persia 3
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Serious Sam II with Bonus!
Snow
Conflict: Global Terror
Zathura
CODENAME KIDS NEXT DOOR XB
CASTLEVANIA CURSE DARKNESS XB
KARAOKE REV PARTY BUNDLE XB
FINAL FIGHT X STREETWISE XB
WITHOUT WARNING XB
Marc Ecko's Getting Up XB
Bad Day L.A. XB
Battlestations: Midway XB
City of the Dead XB
FIFA 2006 XB
Half-Life 2 XB
IHRA Drag Racing XB
NCAA March Madness XB
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow
Rogue Trooper
Roll Call (Working Title)
SnoCross 2
SSX On Tour
Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse
Taxi Driver
The Apprentice
World Championship Poker 2: Featuring Howard Lederer
Metal Slug 5
World Racing 2
StarCraft: Ghost
Kameo: Elements of Power

Finding them wasn't hard at all (ebgames.com), but editing the list was a PITA. I concede that most of the titles listed are pre-orders with prices subject to change, but many of the "$20 to $30" games originally came out at $50, also. I don't doubt that we'll see some $60 games next gen, but I don't intend to buy any at that price.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I think online sites are playing CYA on this and don't want to be blindsided by higher prices.

There's no way in hell 360 games are going to be $60. At this point you're hard pressed to find 15 games that are $50 on the Xbox at any given time. The majority of games are now $20-30.[/QUOTE]

They will be $60... better believe it.

Many leading people in the industry have already explained that because of rising development costs, games hitting $60 MSRP are a definite lock. Many of the big giants in the industry are supporting this, as well, so it will become an industry standard.

Games don't sell at $50 now, not sure why they think they will sell at $60.

[quote name='Roufuss']They will be $60... better believe it.

Many leading people in the industry have already explained that because of rising development costs, games hitting $60 MSRP are a definite lock. Many of the big giants in the industry are supporting this, as well, so it will become an industry standard.

Games don't sell at $50 now, not sure why they think they will sell at $60.[/QUOTE]

Maybe this is also why some analysts are saying that the current gen will be around for a while and support for next gen will be unerwhelming... with $60 games for the marginal upgrade that is the Xbox 360, I can't really see people caring.

You guys must not have been around when N64 games were $80 and alot of SNES games went for $60-70.

[quote name='bugg33']You guys must not have been around when N64 games were $80 and alot of SNES games went for $60-70.[/QUOTE]

That was years and years ago when games were on cartridges which were more expensive to produce. This is just MS being stingy. The games are all on DVDs which cost almost nothing to produce and the industry is a different place now than it was 8 years ago.

I bet these are just placeholder figures, not the actual price tag for the games. Especially considering outpost sells $50 games for $35-40 most of the time.

[quote name='bugg33']You guys must not have been around when N64 games were $80 and alot of SNES games went for $60-70.[/QUOTE]

I was around back then.... I remember when SNES games were $60 - $70, but your choices were pretty limited back then. These days gamers have MANY more choices then they did back then... hell, around 10 - 20 games release a week it seems, across five different systems, and many of them have potential.

And I never bought N64 games at $80... I don't think alot of the general public did either.

bread's done
Back