Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights (3DS) - $11.50 FSSS/Prime eligible @ Amazon

Nice, thanks - we're already into the second seller (at $11.68) but with credit sitting there and free Prime shipping I might as well.

[quote name='bobphone']I follow games pretty closely and have never heard of this.[/QUOTE]

Ditto...

This is a great deal, but pro reviews make it out to be a poorly-executed Professor Layton clone. I'll have to pass. Still, thanks OP for sharing the deal.

[quote name='bobphone']I follow games pretty closely and have never heard of this.[/QUOTE]

I actually had it preordered at Best Buy when they had their preorder trade-in deals last year as it was supposed to be Professor Layton-like. But when it came out and the reviews were less than stellar I canceled the preorder. So that was for $30 or $40 - I can pay $11 in Amazon credit for it though.

While the game is most similar to Professor Layton, it's really in a class all its own. You do walk around Paris and solve puzzles, but there's also a heavy dose of stealth in evading the dungeon guards and a turn-based battle portion where you fight to acquire artifacts. Although each type of gameplay has its issues, they meld together to form something unique and enjoyable. The top-notch voice acting and animated cutscenes also help. I bought the game at launch for $30 and thought it was well worth it.

bread's done
Back