Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights at Amazon $11.76

This is one of those games I bought early when I saw it for $25 because I thought it would be hard to find later since it's a unique niche title... This is like the 3rd game that I've bought that way, and missed out on a price drop (and 2 out of the 3 I haven't even played yet, including this one). I might have to re-think my buying habits with the new paradigm of plentiful stock and frequent reprints.

I haven't played my copy yet, but I did buy it for $9.98 on Amazon on November 20. It's pretty much always in that $10 - $12 range, so unless you need it right now, you can probably get it lower down the line.

[quote name='ARsignal11']Sooo...doesn't anyone here on CAG have any opinions about this game?[/QUOTE]

It's an alright game.

It actually has very strong voice acting, and I liked most of the characters. However, I didn't care much for Lautrec, though - he's more sarcastic and forward than Layton, which didn't come off right to me. They did a lot of research on this game as the bits of French history, which ties it all together, is interesting; however, the bulk of the overarching plot is bland and you don't really solve a lot of the mysteries yourself (plot kind of moves along as you guess and check everything).

The puzzles and side quests don't vary much, so it starts to get repetitive pretty quickly. It's also a fairly easy game. Gameplay is essentially a dungeon crawler with a monster ("artifacts") collecting aspect used for boss fights and more monster collecting.

I think it took me 10 hours to beat, and I didn't do all of the side quests. So, it potentially has longevity, but not much in terms of variety (or anything else, really - voice acting aside).

[quote name='SSJMies']It's an alright game.

It actually has very strong voice acting, and I liked most of the characters. However, I didn't care much for Lautrec, though - he's more sarcastic and forward than Layton, which didn't come off right to me. They did a lot of research on this game as the bits of French history, which ties it all together, is interesting; however, the bulk of the overarching plot is bland and you don't really solve a lot of the mysteries yourself (plot kind of moves along as you guess and check everything).

The puzzles and side quests don't vary much, so it starts to get repetitive pretty quickly. It's also a fairly easy game. Gameplay is essentially a dungeon crawler with a monster ("artifacts") collecting aspect used for boss fights and more monster collecting.

I think it took me 10 hours to beat, and I didn't do all of the side quests. So, it potentially has longevity, but not much in terms of variety (or anything else, really - voice acting aside).[/QUOTE]

I'd go along with all this. Took me a little longer but the voice action is impressive. 10 bux is about fair price

[quote name='SSJMies']It's an alright game.

I think it took me 10 hours to beat, and I didn't do all of the side quests. So, it potentially has longevity, but not much in terms of variety (or anything else, really - voice acting aside).[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks for your insight man. I appreciate it. Anyway, I think I'll pass on this game regardless. Just not interested in it at the moment.

I liked this game a lot, actually. The 3D is garbage and the unnecessary wild goose chases on the map suck, but I still thought the sum of all parts was well worth it.

bread's done
Back