Doctor Who 5th & 6th series Blu-rays $20 each at Best Buy

[quote name='Vigilante']Thanks for pointing this out--my sister wants the David Tennant and Matt Smith sets for Christmas, and while I was able to take care of the latter bunch thanks to BBY selling S5&6 for $19.99, the former is far more expensive than I anticipated. I think that this collection will be a good start, though (despite it being the end of the David Tennant series :whistle2:#).[/QUOTE]Obviously does no good now, but they have re-released Series 1 (Eccelston) in a cheaper set (typically $20-$25). It has no shiny cover or anything like that, but it seems likely that the Tennant series will be re-released in a similar way starting sometime next year.

[quote name='DNukem170']Obviously does no good now, but they have re-released Series 1 (Eccelston) in a cheaper set (typically $20-$25). It has no shiny cover or anything like that, but it seems likely that the Tennant series will be re-released in a similar way starting sometime next year.[/QUOTE]

I hope thats true that the Tennant era DVDs could see reprints.

Anyone have any clue if the Matt Smith years will be released in a collection similar to the David Tennant years?

[quote name='fishphoenix']Anyone have any clue if the Matt Smith years will be released in a collection similar to the David Tennant years?[/QUOTE]

My guess would be when Matt Smith is no longer The Doctor.

I noticed a couple days ago that my local Best Buy had a Doctor Who gift set, which included all of Seasons 1-6 plus The Complete Specials.

As someone who's only got DVD, I'm thinking I may come out ahead with that, even though I've bought Seasons 1, 2, 5, and 6 already. :D

Best Buy does some sort of trade-in with DVDs too, and Season 2 has an absurdly high TIV. However, it looks like Best Buy does it differently with their DVDs in comparison to video games. Anyone have any experience on that?

The gift set also has Eleven's Sonic Screwdriver.

I am re-watching Series 1 and...wow. I forgot how bad the special effects were. The CGI is still noticible in Eleven's seasons, but nowhere near that bad.

bread's done
Back