Doctor Who - Season 1 & 2 for $73.49 @ Amazon, is there cheaper?

That's probably the best price you're gonna get it for. Now that I remember I got the first two series for pretty much the same price two years ago. BBC sets don't go on sale too much here in the US from what I understand.

Unless they run that never before seen big sale for around $32 per season again, that's the cheapest you will find it. That combo you listed isn't too far off at $36.75 each and is very good.

You could always use that Amazon PayPhrase thing to save 5%.

if anything go to ebay. they do have steals once in awhile.

however, that's the cheapest ive seen thus far.

Ripped from DVD Talk
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/566081-amazon-uk-doctor-who-seasons-cheap-more.html

I found many TV show bargains at amazon.co.uk right now. These prices are AFTER the VAT is removed, so you will see slightly higher prices until you start the checkout process. These prices are way cheaper than the US equivalents (exchange rate is around $1.64 per British pound). Of course, these are in PAL, but for the $$$ saved, it may be worth it. $83 + shipping for the complete 4 seasons of Dr. Who is insane!

# Doctor Who - The Complete BBC Series 1 Box Set [2005] [DVD] - £12.07
# Doctor Who - The Complete BBC Series 2 Box Set [DVD] - £12.07
# Doctor Who - The Complete Series 3 Box Set [DVD] [2007] - £13.98
# Doctor Who - Series 1-4 - Complete [DVD] [2005] - £50.85
# The Office - Complete Series 1 & 2 + Christmas Specials [2001] [DVD] - £9.46
# Spaced - Definitive Collectors' Edition [DVD] - £7.55
# State Of Play : Complete BBC Series 1 [2003] [DVD] - £3.46
# Black Books Complete Box Set [DVD] - £6.94
# Russ Meyer Collection [DVD] - £22.16 (previously mentioned in another thread)
# Buffy The Vampire Slayer - The Complete DVD Collection - £51.71
# The Vicar of Dibley - The Ultimate Collection [DVD] - £13.02
# Torchwood: Complete BBC Series 2 Box Set (2008) [DVD] [2007] - £13.81
# Jeeves And Wooster - The Complete Collection [DVD] [1990] - £11.20
# Monty Python's Flying Circus - The Complete Boxset [DVD][1969] - £12.16

well if you want it used then you can go to fye and use the code " fyeg30 " tell 'em its from fyeguy on twitter and an extra 10% with the fye card.

[quote name='CapAmerica']The seasons a very OVER priced specially since they are only 13 episodes per season.[/QUOTE]

Whatever -- if you're even remotely a Doctor Who fan, the first two seasons of Who were amazing. From Chris to David and of course, the charming Billie Piper -- these seasons are easily worth it.

I wouldn't expect them to come down too much more. BBC shows carry a premium. I have these two and the OST. I've stuck with the show (recent season 4 was awesome!). I'm waiting on the specials release -- plan to pick that up :)

Thanks for the replies, went with the Amazon 1&2 double pack.

I thought about going the PAL route but my mother (that i'm buying them for) would probally find it weird. If I ever tried to get all of the old Who sets & the current for myself, that's what I would do.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Whatever -- if you're even remotely a Doctor Who fan, the first two seasons of Who were amazing. From Chris to David and of course, the charming Billie Piper -- these seasons are easily worth it.[/QUOTE]

I just said they were over priced I didn't say not to buy them,
I have all 4 seasons plus the 3 specials (The Infinite Quest, The Next Doctor, and Planet of the Dead)
I also have all "3" seasons of Torchwood and season 1 and 2 of The Sarah Jane Adventures.

Overpriced? Yes. Worth every penny? Hell Yes!

bread's done
Back