Dodonpachi Resurrection deluxe PAL 360: $16 (£9.95) @ thehut

theclaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/dodonpachi-resurrection/10566189.html

It's back on sale, if you missed out. UK PAL edition is compatible with US 360 and includes a music CD. :cool:

10566189-1317988767-569150.jpg

[quote name='AugustAPC']I've read some people having difficulty with the address portion of this site. Can anyone tell me exactly how I should enter my address?[/QUOTE]

The way I've always done it is like the example below and never had an issue. Of the first three lines provided for the address, at least two must be used. So for example..

Address is 1234 N. 3rd Street

First line: 1234
Second line: N. 3rd Street (include any apt. or unit numbers)
Third line: City, State
Fourth line is blank

If I remember correctly the rest is labeled for what to put where.

I ordered that and arcana heart 3 LE for the xbox360. Came out to ₤25 and some change total. For us USA buyers what rate and conversion will they use to charge us in dollars? Granted this is still cheaper than if we were to buy both at a toys r us or gamestop.

[quote name='yobaburp']I ordered that and arcana heart 3 LE for the xbox360. Came out to ₤25 and some change total. For us USA buyers what rate and conversion will they use to charge us in dollars? Granted this is still cheaper than if we were to buy both at a toys r us or gamestop.[/QUOTE]

10 pounds is about $16
25 pounds is about $40.50

Looks like they finally were able to charge my card and it's "Awaiting Despatch"

[quote name='YONKE']dammit really wanted to play this game :cry:[/QUOTE]

You should double check with someone who has it, but I was going to buy it for 360 and remember reading a few places that it wasn't region free. But I don't know if those places ever tested to see if that was true. I just ended up getting it on ps3.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']You should double check with someone who has it, but I was going to buy it for 360 and remember reading a few places that it wasn't region free. But I don't know if those places ever tested to see if that was true. I just ended up getting it on ps3.[/QUOTE]

AH3 is not region free. I tried it on my US and JP 360.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']You should double check with someone who has it, but I was going to buy it for 360 and remember reading a few places that it wasn't region free. But I don't know if those places ever tested to see if that was true. I just ended up getting it on ps3.[/QUOTE]

Since when was there a PS3 version? Or was this download only or something?

In the US it's download only on PS3. In Japan and possibly Europe (I'd have to check), there's a physical version for both PS3 and 360.

[quote name='Halo05']In the US it's download only on PS3. In Japan and possibly Europe (I'd have to check), there's a physical version for both PS3 and 360.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, just realized we're talking about Arcana Heart instead of Dodonpachi Resurrection. I would have cancelled my order if I could have gotten Dodonpachi on the PS3 instead. Xbox gets 90% of the shmups. It's strange, considering the 360 doesn't particularly do well in Japan.

Ok, good news.

My order just arrived from the hut. Right on the sticker, there is a CD INCLUDED tab.

Guess that answers that question...

Thanks again for the heads up!

Thanks for the link OP.

Ugh... their fields auto-populate some address info and my address looks screwed up in the confirmation email. Guess I'll have to contact them as I'm sure it will be rejected like some others on here. Just a heads up - take a second look at what is being entered into their address form.

Mine finally shipped today, says 5-7 days transit.

Had to use a Capital One card PayPal and then Paypal debit cc were both useless and constantly rejected.

To the above poster and others make it like this:

House #
Street
City state zip
USA
Zip again in locale box

[quote name='Auburn']Oh wow, just realized we're talking about Arcana Heart instead of Dodonpachi Resurrection. I would have cancelled my order if I could have gotten Dodonpachi on the PS3 instead. Xbox gets 90% of the shmups. It's strange, considering the 360 doesn't particularly do well in Japan.[/QUOTE]

That's a result of both the Xbox 360 being cheaper and easier to develop for and Sony's archaic policies against 2D games/Japanese voice acting (especially at retail) in certain markets.

Confirming that Arcana Heart is locked on the 360.if you want the physical disk the ps3 is your only choice. Nothing to do with the thread topic, but it was asked.

[quote name='eastx']Sony's archaic policies against 2D games/Japanese voice acting (especially at retail) in certain markets.[/QUOTE]
Wasn't that just Sony of America's policy, though? I recall them blocking quite a few 2D games from getting over here, but that shouldn't really affect the decisions of a developer that rarely releases overseas to begin with.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Confirming that Arcana Heart is locked on the 360.if you want the physical disk the ps3 is your only choice. Nothing to do with the thread topic, but it was asked.[/QUOTE]
Actually, the PS3 is your only choice if you want any version, since that's the only console that got a download release for some unknown reason. ;_;

[quote name='Number 905']I can't even try to order right now because it won't take me to PayPal.[/QUOTE]

I was encountering the same issue. Tried different browsers across a few different days to no avail.

Just decided this morning to use a CC and place the order that way. Used the address format suggested by $hady (thanks!) and everything went through smoothly.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Play-Asia has this game for $18.90. The shipping will probably add significantly to the total, though. :(

[quote name='airco']Wasn't that just Sony of America's policy, though? I recall them blocking quite a few 2D games from getting over here, but that shouldn't really affect the decisions of a developer that rarely releases overseas to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's especially Sony of America's policies that cause the most trouble. Games that don't have English audio can't even get released to retail, hence the spate of download-only titles with Japanese audio. CAVE actually hopes that other publishers like Rising Star will pick up and release their games abroad - it just doesn't always happen since the market is so small. But they mainly picked 360 because it was cheaper and easier to work with according to my interview with 'em.

[quote name='eastx']Yes, it's especially Sony of America's policies that cause the most trouble. Games that don't have English audio can't even get released to retail, hence the spate of download-only titles with Japanese audio. CAVE actually hopes that other publishers like Rising Star will pick up and release their games abroad - it just doesn't always happen since the market is so small. But they mainly picked 360 because it was cheaper and easier to work with according to my interview with 'em.[/QUOTE]

There are workarounds if you get the right licenses. Just look at the Ryu ga Gotoku series.

[quote name='Byakurai']There are workarounds if you get the right licenses. Just look at the Ryu ga Gotoku series.[/QUOTE]

I believe that's a big publisher vs. small publisher thing. Historically, Sony didn't want to allow Capcom to publish a Mega Man game in the US, and Capcom threatened not to release some other important 3D title if Mega Man didn't make it here too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']I believe that's a big publisher vs. small publisher thing. Historically, Sony didn't want to allow Capcom to publisher a Mega Man game in the US, and Capcom threatened not to release some other important 3D title if Mega Man didn't make it here too.[/QUOTE]
I hate when politics keep games from making it across seas

People with PayPal only should consider getting the PP Debit Card...that's what I used for this game and it worked like a charm. Plus you get 1% back each month.

Just got my copy earlier today (ordered the same day as everyone else, just later), and this shit is bananas and I love it. It's probably the only game I can think of where achievement whoring is done because it's legitimately fun, and not because of severe OCD and a lingering sense of self-hatred. Came with the CD, too, although I wish it didn't have to share a spindle with the game disc.

[quote name='airco']Just got my copy earlier today (ordered the same day as everyone else, just later), and this shit is bananas and I love it. It's probably the only game I can think of where achievement whoring is done because it's legitimately fun, and not because of severe OCD and a lingering sense of self-hatred. Came with the CD, too, although I wish it didn't have to share a spindle with the game disc.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I don't find Resurrection's Achievements fun at all. They're a combination of obnoxious and impossible, to me, anyway. Much prefer goals that I could possibly attain in my lifetime.

Has there been a case of someone not getting the CD? AFAIK, it's included in every single European copy.

Got mine today as well, had a couple address delays but after it shipped it was 4 days from the UK to KY. Some US stores should take notes!

I hadn't looked at the achievement until seeing you guys mention them but I have 14 of them already in maybe 2 hours. It's a shmup it's ment to be replayed a million times you prolly gonna get most every achievement naturally if you are good enough.

[quote name='eastx']Wow, I don't find Resurrection's Achievements fun at all. They're a combination of obnoxious and impossible, to me, anyway. Much prefer goals that I could possibly attain in my lifetime.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but considering that the core game can be beaten in under an hour or two, and you can get away with credit feeding, the achievements do well at extending the game's life, and make me want to get better at it. I've never 1cc'd a shmup, but I've always wanted to, so I'm enjoying learning through achievement whoring.

[quote name='airco']Maybe, but considering that the core game can be beaten in under an hour or two, and you can get away with credit feeding, the achievements do well at extending the game's life, and make me want to get better at it. I've never 1cc'd a shmup, but I've always wanted to, so I'm enjoying learning through achievement whoring.[/QUOTE]

I didn't feel that this one was particularly hard to one cc, especially with the auto bomb mechanic on some ships. The girlfriend and I just beat it last night and I nearly got a 1cc during our first time playing the game. (it still counts if SHE has to continue, right? :D)

Yeah, the auto deathbombing seems kind of cheap, especially with Strong mode. That mode is more overpowered than the other two, right?

bread's done
Back