Does Amazon deliver games on the release date if you have Prime?

randomevent

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
I wasn't sure where to ask this question, but I figure it will get answered here. Anyway, I have Prime and want to preorder some games. So does Amazon deliver on release date day? If not, I'll just preorder them at GameStop.

Thanks in advance.

They have one day shipping with Prime, but that might not factor in release dates. Amazon does have a specific type of "release date gaurantee" shipping that you have to choose and pay for. And they only offer it for certain games. I've used it quite often and the shippment always arrived on time.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']They have one day shipping with Prime, but that might not factor in release dates. Amazon does have a specific type of "release date gaurantee" shipping that you have to choose and pay for. And they only offer it for certain games. I've used it quite often and the shippment always arrived on time.[/QUOTE]

This, though release day shipping is free with Prime. In my experience they'll overnight it via UPS so you'll get it by end of business on the release day.

I've had a couple instances where a game I ordered for release-date delivery hasn't arrived until the day after (most recently with ME2 CE). In both instances a call to Amazon got me a $5 credit, which more than made up for it since I'm on a free Prime trial anyway.

fuck no. They usually come for me 2-3 days after the release date. But this is probably because I only buy JRPGs and shit like that that most people don't care about.

I got Mass Effect 2 delivered around noon on release day, which beats driving 20 miles round trip to GS later that evening or the next day to pick it up. Unfortunately I didn't have time to play it until Friday, so it made little difference. But yeah, that is a blockbuster release so it makes sense they delivered. I think I've gotten 2 or 3 other games on release day so far though - whichever ones they advertized as being so all arrived on release-day with one exception I think and that was some UPS screw-up.

But DoK, they don't usually offer release-date shipping on the obscure JRPGs, right? I mean, the last one I got was Magna Carta 2 and they didn't have a release-date option there.

In my experience all the street dated titles I get on release day and all of the ship date titles I get a day or two after the "release day". As a note I also have Amazon Prime.

I bought MW2 with prime and got it on release day even though I picked 2 day shipping. They do offer release date delivery at an additional charge but I think they'll deliver it if you're a prime member anyway.

[quote name='LordVila']In my experience all the street dated titles I get on release day and all of the ship date titles I get a day or two after the "release day". As a note I also have Amazon Prime.[/QUOTE]

This sums it all up. None of the games I buy are street dated, so I get screwed. Also, if a game has "Release Date Delivery" available, it is at no extra cost if you have Prime.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']fuck no. They usually come for me 2-3 days after the release date. But this is probably because I only buy JRPGs and shit like that that most people don't care about.[/QUOTE]

I wish all of the games that come out are release date guarantees. Sadly, this is not the case. It's your games like Madden, MLB, big titles that are already at the shipment centers days before the game is released.

Also, prime pretty much pays for itself when you buy around 10 items given it's around 8 dollars an item for two day shipping.

If the game has Release-Date delivery, yes it does. It normally ships the day before (Monday) or occasionally two days before (Friday), going next-day or two-day shipping respectively.

If it doesn't have Release Date delivery, it normally ships out on the release date, sometimes it ships on the day before (Monday), going two-day shipping.

bread's done
Back