Does any CAG work for a Respected Game Dev

Tony Stark

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
I was wondering if there are any game developers or people who have any job at respected game companies (ie Bungie, 2k Games, Infinity Ward, etc.)

Would be cool to know if CAG has branched out to the devs

I was wondering if any user has ever mentioned working for one, even if they were security or something that had nothing to do with gaming

[quote name='sasukekun']I have a friend who's the community manager for THQ.[/QUOTE]

cool, thanks for sharing, does he like it?

[quote name='Tony Stark']cool, thanks for sharing, does he like it?[/QUOTE]

Yah, he posts some awesome pictures from work. Last one he posted he had the Darksiders Chaos Eater sword.

[quote name='sasukekun']Yah, he posts some awesome pictures from work. Last one he posted he had the Darksiders Chaos Eater sword.[/QUOTE]

I would imagine he wouldnt be able to take alot of pictures due to secrets (ie new games etc)

[quote name='Tony Stark']I would imagine he wouldnt be able to take alot of pictures due to secrets (ie new games etc)[/QUOTE]

Yah, cant post pictures of unannounced titles.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'm in the industry. No, I won't say who for. What exactly are you asking for?[/QUOTE]

1. not asking for nothing, just if any CAG's work for game devs

2. why cant you say for who? I could see if you didnt say your job title but most respected game devs have at least 50+ people

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'm in the industry. No, I won't say who for. What exactly are you asking for?[/QUOTE]

Does billionaire Tony Stark really have to answer to you. Maybe he's looking for designer's of a new iron man suit

[quote name='roland13x']I've got 10 years of game dev experience. What exactly is a "respected game dev"?[/QUOTE]

someone that makes AAA games

NOT someone who got 3 friends together to write code and say they make money and dont (i have friends who do this lol)

[quote name='Tony Stark']someone that makes AAA games

NOT someone who got 3 friends together to write code and say they make money and dont (i have friends who do this lol)[/QUOTE]

So only if you have $10M+ budget games, THEN you're a "respected dev"? That's pretty silly...

Enjoy your sequels!

[quote name='roland13x']So only if you have $10M+ budget games, THEN you're a "respected dev"? That's pretty silly...

Enjoy your sequels![/QUOTE]

No, but if you are a game dev but you work for Roland13x Games and its only you and 2 of your buddies and you make zero $$$ it doesnt count

The term "respected dev" and some of your criteria did initially come across as a bit naive, but I don't think you meant any harm by it. You were just asking if anyone was in the industry aside from being in a small "garage-style" developer. But saying AAA and 50+ headcount studios eliminates at least 90% of the developers out there.

Anyway, here's my MobyGames profile - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,57756/

And what I'm working on just got announced yesterday - http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3199871

Working on the MP portion of SpecOps: The Line. It's actually quite damn fun.

[quote name='roland13x']The term "respected dev" and some of your criteria did initially come across as a bit naive, but I don't think you meant any harm by it. You were just asking if anyone was in the industry aside from being in a small "garage-style" developer. But saying AAA and 50+ headcount studios eliminates at least 90% of the developers out there.

Anyway, here's my MobyGames profile - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,57756/

And what I'm working on just got announced yesterday - http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3199871

Working on the MP portion of SpecOps: The Line. It's actually quite damn fun.[/QUOTE]
I gotta say, that's pretty fucking cool. :applause:

Yeah I only wanted to find the full industry devs

so thanks for sharing!

but yeah if you and a guy are in a garage coding a game good for you would be a great hobby

Well, it's not usually becoming in the industry to admit you're a spendthrift.

But I remember when the employee game purchase list would go around work, more than one of my co-workers would get a bunch of current games cheap, and run over to the Gamestop and trade them in for a quick buck.

I'm a programmer. Worked for THQ for a few years, now working on a Facebook game under a new studio.

[quote name='pacifickarma']You work for the Washington Redskins?[/QUOTE]

No, no, no, you've got it all wrong!

He works for Gwen of the Ebon Vanguard. At one time there was great strife between him and his mistress, but through proper application of cupcakes, Juniberry Gin, and running around half of Tyria helping Miku she came to know him, and to know him is to love him. Thus The Wedding took place, and on their honeymoon they repelled a group of Flame Legion Shamans.

Ok, you got me, the last part about fighting Charr on their honeymoon was a lie. Instead they lived happily ever after... ?

This OP's premise, tact, and perspective is downright offensive to anyone working on games, "AAA dev" or not, or just to a video game fan... Completely inane thread concept and backpedaling.

[quote name='BWS1982']This OP's premise, tact, and perspective is downright offensive to anyone working on games, "AAA dev" or not, or just to a video game fan... Completely inane thread concept and backpedaling.[/QUOTE]

really?

I just wanted to see the people who work for game devs and are also CAG's

if by accident I uncover that someone doesnt really work for one just has a hobby in their basement thats not my fault

I think way too many people are taking this the wrong way... I'm pretty sure all he meant(even though he said AAA only, he didn't mean any harm) was if you work for a game dev that more than 10 people have heard of. I don't think he's knocking anyone that does it indie-style or what have you, just that he's wanting to chat it up with someone who works for one of the top guns. Like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Ubisoft, Rockstar, or 2K y'know?

[quote name='Mixer236']I think way too many people are taking this the wrong way... I'm pretty sure all he meant(even though he said AAA only, he didn't mean any harm) was if you work for a game dev that more than 10 people have heard of. I don't think he's knocking anyone that does it indie-style or what have you, just that he's wanting to chat it up with someone who works for one of the top guns. Like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Ubisoft, Rockstar, or 2K y'know?[/QUOTE]

Exactly...

Excuse the comment, but "no one cares if you made an app that has a total of 10 downloads or a facebook game that 5 people like"

I respect your hobbies, but dont claim your higher than you are

If your game is in Walmart or has been spoken about on tech sites etc. then thats what we are talking about...

...again I wish no harm nor bad comments toward anyone

:lol: A lot of these 'respectable' devs tend to churn out shit that's so filled with bugs/glitches nowadays though. While some of them are interesting to exploit and screw around with(GTA's under the map glitches, for one), some of them are actually game breaking and it's those devs I'd rather NOT see make another 'AAA' game that's gonna be a bugfest.:razz:

Interesting question, I often wonder this about many gaming forums I visit.

However, you aren't going to get much of a response bc most people working in the industry dont want to be identified as such and prefer anonimity. This can be for a lot of reasons like job security, not wanting to be hassled with questions, etc.

Be assurred that theres probably lurkers from most game developers checking the site from time to time. Coding gets boring so I'm sure they spend time surfing the web.

bread's done
Back