Does any one have info about the next smash brothers?

WilleyStyle

CAG Veteran
I think super smash bros for gamecube was one of my favorite fighting games of all time but i havent really heard anything about the next one, does anyone have any info?

[quote name='zewone']Has a new one even been announced?[/quote]

I don't believe it has, but I wouldn't rule out an E3 announcement..

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='zewone']Has a new one even been announced?[/quote]

I don't believe it has, but I wouldn't rule out an E3 announcement..[/quote]

I doubt it, unless its going to be for the DS.

yeah a DS version wouldn't doubt me....i'm assuming the true update will come with the next nintendo console....i just we will just have to wait and see

Ye hopefully there is a Ds version on the horizon or possibly for Revolution. Btw WilleyStyle that avatar is funny as hell, where is it from?

We could wind up seeing one for the DS, there has been rumors that a Smash Bros DS was in the works. If its real we might see something at E3.

I have a feeling Nintendo is only going to release Smash Bro games for console launches. So I don't think we'll see or hear anything untill the N5 starts showing off its lauch line up.

In a way, Nintendo doesn't need to come out with a new iteration of Smash Bros. when Melee is still a consistent top-seller for them. Perhaps that's a reason why we haven't heard anything about a new sequel.

[quote name='CapAmerica']We could wind up seeing one for the DS, there has been rumors that a Smash Bros DS was in the works. If its real we might see something at E3.

I have a feeling Nintendo is only going to release Smash Bro games for console launches. So I don't think we'll see or hear anything untill the N5 starts showing off its lauch line up.[/quote]

There were also rumours of Nintendo releasing a SSB for the GBA too, so...

But if the DS goes online then there will almost 100% sure there will be one for the DS.

[quote name='Greetard']It hasn't been announced yet, but I predict there will be one for the Revolutiion. It's made by Nintendo, and the Big N never let's its games die (with the exception of Earthbound)

[quote name='WilleyStyle']this is where i got my avatar[/quote]

And what's your point?[/quote]Read the thread. There is all of like 11 posts above you... :roll:

[quote name='Greetard']It hasn't been announced yet, but I predict there will be one for the Revolutiion. It's made by Nintendo, and the Big N never let's its games die (with the exception of Earthbound)[/quote]

Well, Earthbound is HAL actually, I do believe. Not sure if Nintendo came up with the idea by themselves.

And they let Kid Icarus die. :evil:

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Greetard']It hasn't been announced yet, but I predict there will be one for the Revolutiion. It's made by Nintendo, and the Big N never let's its games die (with the exception of Earthbound)

And what's your point?[/quote]Read the thread. There is all of like 11 posts above you... :roll:[/quote]

My bad.

[quote name='Greetard']It hasn't been announced yet, but I predict there will be one for the Revolutiion. It's made by Nintendo, and the Big N never let's its games die (with the exception of Earthbound)

And what's your point?[/quote]

Earthbound isn't dead, the third came out / is coming out in Japan for the GBA.

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Greetard']It hasn't been announced yet, but I predict there will be one for the Revolutiion. It's made by Nintendo, and the Big N never let's its games die (with the exception of Earthbound)[/quote]

Well, Earthbound is HAL actually, I do believe. Not sure if Nintendo came up with the idea by themselves.

And they let Kid Icarus die. :evil:[/quote]

Isn't HAL an internal division at NCL?

Hopefully Kid Ic will show up on Revoultion finally. Remember how Nintendo had decided not to make a second SNES Metroid and that Metroid 64 wouldn't happen (because Metroid sold like two copies in Japan)? Now look. Two for the GCN and one upcoming for the DS. Maybe Nintendo will finally hear the pleas that have been going on for nearly 20 years now. Maybe Kid Ic will finally be revived!!!

One can hope, can't he?

You forgot the 2 GBA titles (3 if you count the Classic series)

Metroid has really come back from the dead, Hopefully Punch Out!, Kid Icarus and Ice Climbers will come back too next gen.

I don't know why Earthbound got the shaft so much, Its taking forever for Earthbound 3 to come out for the GBA and Earthbound 64 was canned. I'm surprized they did just push Earthbound 64 to the GameCube. =/

[quote name='CapAmerica']You forgot the 2 GBA titles (3 if you count the Classic series)

Metroid has really come back from the dead, Hopefully Punch Out!, Kid Icarus and Ice Climbers will come back too next gen.

I don't know why Earthbound got the shaft so much, Its taking forever for Earthbound 3 to come out for the GBA and Earthbound 64 was canned. I'm surprized they did just push Earthbound 64 to the GameCube. =/[/quote]

I didn't forget. They just weren't blockbuster, and the GBA gets a lot of games that Nintendo doesn't give a hoot about (I'm not saying they weren't good, I'm just saying how it is).

Punch-Out is at least being recognized by Nintendo (Animal Crossing and the upcoming Fight Night or whatever), so maybe we will see a sequel soon.

And yeah, they just ported AC to the GCN, but I suppose that they prize the value of EB more than just port worthy... who knows? Ac needed to get established, I think it is going to play a big part in upcoming DS and Revolution news... And I think that they wanted an established franchise for that.

[quote name='"CapAmerica"']You forgot the 2 GBA titles (3 if you count the Classic series)

I don't know why Earthbound got the shaft so much, Its taking forever for Earthbound 3 to come out for the GBA and Earthbound 64 was canned. I'm surprized they did just push Earthbound 64 to the GameCube. =/[/quote]

yea, earthbound would be an excellent game for gameboy.......better yet, it might be comming out for the DS?!

[quote name='David85'][quote name='Greetard']It hasn't been announced yet, but I predict there will be one for the Revolutiion. It's made by Nintendo, and the Big N never let's its games die (with the exception of Earthbound)

And what's your point?[/quote]

Earthbound isn't dead, the third came out / is coming out in Japan for the GBA.[/quote]

Finally, a GBA game made by Nintendo worth my time and money (besides Fire Emblem).

somebody during an interview sortof hinted at there at least being another one, but damn Nintendo for being able to actually keep something under wraps.

Smash might just be the only competitive 'fighter' that didnt go through the arcades. The fighting game communities (SC2, VF4, Tekken, etc), tend to not like Smash at all. There was a lot of buzz about it, then that Shonen Jump game details started coming out and it was a smash clone (which looks like it wont be too good either) I hope they didnt decide to do one in place of the other.

I also wonder if Darkstalkers PSP might take off competitively.

It hasn't been confirmed but word has it the next Smash Bros. entry will be a multi-player fighting game featuring characters from a wide range of Nintendo franchises.

In other news, a new Mega Man title is in development where our hero acquires new weapons from defeated enemies.

[quote name='epobirs']It hasn't been confirmed but word has it the next Smash Bros. entry will be a multi-player fighting game featuring characters from a wide range of Nintendo franchises.

In other news, a new Mega Man title is in development where our hero acquires new weapons from defeated enemies.[/quote]

:rofl:

Whatever... That's all crazy talk...

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='epobirs']It hasn't been confirmed but word has it the next Smash Bros. entry will be a multi-player fighting game featuring characters from a wide range of Nintendo franchises.

In other news, a new Mega Man title is in development where our hero acquires new weapons from defeated enemies.[/quote]

Whatever... That's all crazy talk...[/quote]

I wish I could remember the specifics, but I remember hearing a while back that one of the lead designers of HAL and the mastermind behind Smash Bros. left the company a year or so back. He created a new company, who is currently making the very Smash-like Jump! Superstars game - the fighting game that has characters from Naruto, One Piece, Deathnote, Ichigo, etc.

I think Nintendo can still pull off a Smash Bros. without him, but it will probably need to be different somehow to really improve and distinguish the franchise more, since while Melee was great, wasn't much different from the previous one.

bread's done
Back