Does Anybody Actually Say Any of This Office Slang?

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
http://www.officeslang.com/

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Alpha Geek - The most knowledgeable, technically proficient person in an office or work group. “I dunno, ask Rick. He’s our alpha geek.”"

:rofl:

Most of these on this site are teh first time I have ever heard of them. Most of them just suck to. Can't believe that anyone actually says any of them.
[/FONT]

[quote name='"officeslang.com"'] Blowing Your Buffer - Losing one’s train of thought. Occurs when the person you are speaking with won’t let you get a word in edgewise or has just said something so astonishing that your train gets derailed. “Damn, I just blew my buffer!” (Synonym: “Head Crash”)[/quote]

That is seriously just wrong.

"Damn, I just blew my buffer! Someone get a tissue!"

Those have to be jokes. I work in an office in a financial capacity and I had a few managers that used every management buzz phrase/words known to man and I've never heard of those.

CROP DUSTING - Surreptitiously farting while passing thru a cube farm, then enjoying the sounds of dismay and disgust; leads to PRAIRIE DOGGING...
:lol: This isn't just for the office... Depending on where your classes are in my school, you can save up gas to expel as you walk through the heavily congested tenth-grade hallway, where all of their lockers are. Since those morons are so fucking loud, nobody knows the wiser.

[quote name='Tiphireth']:lol: This isn't just for the office... Depending on where your classes are in my school, you can save up gas to expel as you walk through the heavily congested tenth-grade hallway, where all of their lockers are. Since those morons are so fucking loud, nobody knows the wiser.[/QUOTE]

I like to call my cubicle the gas chamber after a night out drinking beer and eating greasy buffalo wings.

[quote name='blackjaw']I like to call my cubicle the gas chamber after a night out drinking beer and eating greasy buffalo wings.[/quote]

Intermittently during the month me and two friends of mine- K-Fex and The Mexican- will drive to Wendy's during lunch to score some warm food. Anything is better than school food. One week we decided to let this decidedly obnoxious kid ride with us- Albrecht, which turned out to be a bad decision. So K-Fex drives, The Mexican and Albrecht sit in the back, and I get the front. I'm too tall for the back seat. Can barely duck my head enough to get shotgun as it is, I'm not even trying to go back there. fucking cab is like four inches off the ground. Anyway, in the midst of blaring Ron White from my mp3 player, I sort of feel this vibration against the back of my seat. Albrecht is sitting behind me, sort of back-to-back. I know what's coming, so I open the window, but don't say anything. Seconds later, this horribly rank smell washes over us, and K-Fex and The Mexican look back at Albrecht, who looks all bothered and hollers, 'OH, GOD IT SMELLS LIKE ASS IN HERE.' That was an understatement. It was so bad we cranked open all the windows, and it still wouldn't go away until we got to Wendy's and let the truck air out. It was like the re-enactment of that Jeff Foxworthy skit where he's talking about the car full of guys who suddenly start cussing and yelling and trying to roll down the windows, and one guy is just sitting back, laughing. :lol:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Ribs ‘N’ Dick - A budget with no fat as in “we’ve got ribs ‘n’ dick and we’re supposed to find 20K for memory upgrades”[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
This has to be a joke. If not, um... wow, I can't wait to hear someone use that phrase.

I'm fairly certain it's a joke since their "Funny Office Slang" terms. It's probably just something for you to use around the office when you're joking.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]God! Beth in accounting is a fucking Stress Puppy[/FONT]

bread's done
Back