Does anybody know if/where the Presidential Debates will be webcast?

evilmax17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So far, I've only heard of http://www.freedomchannel.com/ but they've been under construction forever. I don't have a TV in my dorm (and watching a presidential debate with a bunch of other people who probably have differing viewpoints doesn't seem fun), so I'm looking to watch them online. Anybody know of any other sites?

*This isn't in the political forum for a reason, don't flame or post political opinion plz thnx*

In the past, Yahoo has webcasted State of the Union speeches. I'm sure they'll do the same with the debate.

Its too bad the record EVERYTHING. No matter how boring or seemingly pointless to everybody but about 5 people (Im not saying everything is worthless just a lot of it has relevance to few people)

MSNBC.com will air the debate live in a Webcast from 9 to 10:30 p.m. ET. The debate also will be broadcast at the same time on NBC and MSNBC Cable.

I find it interesting that C-span is showing the reaction of both Kerry and Bush on split screen, but the networks aren't. It was a major bone of contention about reaction shots that the networks objected to. Yet they seem to be following it while the channel meant to follow the rules is ignoring it.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']I'm watching it on ABC, and they seem to be doing the split-screen thing for the most part.[/quote]

c-span is actually doing it for the whole debate, and showing it similar to the networks on C-SPAN 2.

they are calling it podium watch

I know this isn't the politics forum... but I think Kerry just made a big debatiing mistake... I want to see if Bush capitalizes...

Nah... he missed it.

If you mean the nuclear proliferation thing, it looks like Kerry just slammed Bush upside the head. And Bush is stammering through for the first time.

Bush has looked at his notes too much and waited too long to formulate a response.

Both have made good showing though.

Tuesday is going to be a better debate. I can't wait for that one.

Yeah... but he could have had an easy answer... terrorism.... he could argue that nuclear proliferation is a part of the terrorist threat and if kerry doesn't understand that... I'm not saying it's the right thing I'm just saying if he had made that argument it would have been a BOOYA moment against Kerry.

Anyway, I don't want to get into a political debate. I just think he missed a huge opening. But for the majority of the debate I get the "desparation" feeling from President Bush. Not because he isn't secure in what he's saying. But he's having a very very difficult time expressing himself compared to carry. It makes him looked stresed. There are periods where he looks open jawed at the camer for two to three seconds.

I'm not arguing about support here. Im just talking about posture, debating style, and opportunity for debatin g attacks. Please don';t flame me, I'm not saying in this I support either Kerry or Bush by this statement. But after the first half hour Bush seems to have lost himself a bit in the debate. Where Kerry who's had a couple stumbles has had an even keel.

[quote name='zewone']Bush is an idiot. Kerry sure is showing his ass up.[/quote]

It was pretty even until the end. Kerry definately ended on a higher note.

Let me just say, while not the debate I expected, and it didn't go into everything I wanted, and I didn;'t hear everything I wanted from either side, it was a great debate. I mean truly great.

[quote name='starman9000']It was pretty even until the end. Kerry definately ended on a higher note.[/quote]

Bush seemed pretty flustered the entire time, he did a little too much stammering.

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='starman9000']It was pretty even until the end. Kerry definately ended on a higher note.[/quote]

Bush seemed pretty flustered the entire time, he did a little too much stammering.[/quote]

Bush always stammers, but he is able to pull it off in an endearing way sometimes. The end of the debate, his stammering was just stammering. But earlier, it came off in that likeable way. Its weird watching him, cause he can really start to roll on a point, after struggling through a few lines.

I didn't think it was that great of a debate. The debate for senate here in NC was better as it was more free flowing.

Tuesday's debate I think will be better.

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='starman9000']It was pretty even until the end. Kerry definately ended on a higher note.[/quote]

Bush seemed pretty flustered the entire time, he did a little too much stammering.[/quote]

He was sailing smooth the first half hour. He has a tendency in debates to take one message and stick with it. His message was... "Kerry is inconsistant." And he said that for the first half hour. I swear, for some 30 second responses he ducked the question and sounded like one of his attack ads. Which personally didn't go over well with me but is effective and has some merit if further elaborated.

But after the first ha;f hour, he stopped going back to that core. And that's when he became discombobulated.

I watched the debate on MSNBC, and they had awesome quality.

Now, before this debate, I was more agaisnt Bush than for Kerry, but that has COMPLETELY CHANGED after watching tonight.

Kerry DOMINATED the debate, completely dominated it. Bush was flustered, and floundered the entire night. I am very impressed at how well Kerry did, and am now fully confident that he will make an excellent (and not just adequate) president.

Wow, what a great debate! (and who says politics is boring!?)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I didn't think it was that great of a debate. The debate for senate here in NC was better as it was more free flowing.

Tuesday's debate I think will be better.[/quote]

Let me qualifyt what I said. It was a great debate for what I expected. Presidential Debates aren't like scholarly or even other politcal debates. I thought foir a presidential debate it was very good. And they didn't even bitch at each other about the rules, which I expected at some point.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']
He was sailing smooth the first half hour. He has a tendency in debates to take one message and stick with it. His message was... "Kerry is inconsistant." And he said that for the first half hour. I swear, for some 30 second responses he ducked the question and sounded like one of his attack ads. Which personally didn't go over well with me but is effective and has some merit if further elaborated.

But after the first ha;f hour, he stopped going back to that core. And that's when he became discombobulated.[/quote]

Thats a pretty fair analysis.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I didn't think it was that great of a debate. The debate for senate here in NC was better as it was more free flowing.

Let me qualifyt what I said. It was a great debate for what I expected. Presidential Debates aren't like scholarly or even other politcal debates. I thought foir a presidential debate it was very good. And they didn't even bitch at each other about the rules, which I expected at some point.[/quote]

yea I do agree with you on that one. I also liked that there was no rehearsal allowed to take place.

on another note, did Kerry sweat much? I couldn't really tell, but Bush made sure the air temp. was above 70 because "Kerry is a sweater and women do not like a sweater"

quote was from a Bush aide

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I didn't think it was that great of a debate. The debate for senate here in NC was better as it was more free flowing.

Let me qualifyt what I said. It was a great debate for what I expected. Presidential Debates aren't like scholarly or even other politcal debates. I thought foir a presidential debate it was very good. And they didn't even bitch at each other about the rules, which I expected at some point.[/quote]

yea I do agree with you on that one. I also liked that there was no rehearsal allowed to take place.

on another note, did Kerry sweat much? I couldn't really tell, but Bush made sure the air temp. was above 70 because "Kerry is a sweater and women do not like a sweater"

quote was from a Bush aide[/quote]

I didn't notice. But then I'm not a woman.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I didn't think it was that great of a debate. The debate for senate here in NC was better as it was more free flowing.

quote was from a Bush aide[/quote]

I didn't notice. But then I'm not a woman.[/quote]

It was just something random Jon Stuart was making fun of the other nigh. The only reason I mentioned it

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I didn't think it was that great of a debate. The debate for senate here in NC was better as it was more free flowing.

Kerry did say "Lets throw out all the rules while we're at it..." but I like that - gloves off boys!

See I just don't know. Kerry gives facts, figures, and people to back his claims. Bush does alot of heavy lifting with his made-for-soundclip points.

Sure, I like Kerry. But will Joe Sixpack get it?

Debates are taken out of perspective too often, I think.

A lot of people will judge the candidates based on their eloquance of speaking, and though it's nice to be talked to by someone who can speak without stuttering, it's really about the issues.

I don't need a president that can speak well, that's what his cabinet is for - I need a president that can make the right decisions.

Frankly, I don't agree 100% with either side (and anyone who does really has to examine what each sides issues are, otherwise, once this next presidency ends, you're jacked unless there's a second term coming or a clone). I don't like the idea of America sucking up to other countries for approval, granted there had to be some sort of restraint that wouldn't have alienated the other countries, but hell, we're the freaking U of A. I'm so freaking proud to be an American, and honestly all the other countries can bitch and whine all they want to us, but that's all it is.

On the other hand, we are spending way too many resources out there in Iraq, and it's taking its toll on America. The country straight up hates America, it's not politics, it's religion. And guns can't do much against that. That's what I wanted them to talk about during the debate.

Just my 2 cents. I love election time. =)

I still think it's all about the issues spoken tonight. Sure Bush wasn't as good, but are you really going to remember how they presented themselves moreso than their positions?

Tuesday is what's it's all about. Iraq can get nuked for all I care. Let's see what's gonna happen to America.

sidenote: Before we nuke tho, let's just come out and say we want their oil, take it, then nuke.

*flame on*

The thing is, I'm not just impressed with Kerry because he was articulate. His opinions and positions (which were finally all revealed tonight, at least on foreign policy) made much more sense to me than Bush's. It didn't even seem like Bush had a plan (tonight or just in general).

The candidates addressed the questions only vaugely, as I expected. The winner? Who knows. There wasn't enough substance there to gauge it. I'll wait for Tuesday's. Now that they're warmed up, we should get some real answers.

Kerry had a plan while Bush stammered and looked bewildered. Kerry won hands down. He had stats to back up his points while Bush just kept saying "He's sending the wrong message" and talking about Kerry flip flopping, which Kerry did a nice job of rebutting. Anyone else notice that Bush's campaign plans seem a lot like his dad's a la "Stay the course" and "No new taxes"

bread's done
Back