Does anybody work at Best Buy?

EarthKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey. I want to work at BB and I keep on failing that darn personallity test (on the application)...Can anybody from BB help me with it?

[quote name='EarthKing']Hey. I want to work at BB and I keep on failing that darn personallity test (on the application)...Can anybody from BB help me with it?[/QUOTE]
Dont you have to wait for like 3 months to try it again? Maybe thats why you keep failing it.
I know thats how it is at Target.

I failed the Sam's Club assessment test. You have to wait a certain number of days to do it again usually. I have to wait 100 days.

[quote name='EarthKing']I want to work at BB and I keep on failing that darn personallity test[/quote]

The irony here is delicious.

OP you do realize that any question that has to do with theft should be answered universally with the mindset of "I have never stolen, I will never steal, and I do not condone stealing in any way" right?

[quote name='EarthKing']Hey. I want to work at BB and I keep on failing that darn personallity test (on the application)...Can anybody from BB help me with it?[/quote]
You didnt answer yes to the question, "Does the sight of blood excite/please you?" did you?

go here

bestbuysuxs.org

read the employee stories (from any time period)

and see if you STILL want to work there.

[quote name='ITDEFX']go here

bestbuysuxs.org

read the employee stories (from any time period)

and see if you STILL want to work there.[/QUOTE]

I remember how excited I was when I found a post about my store on that site while I was working for them. I had no idea who had posted the story but every complaint they had were the exact same ones I did.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']OP you do realize that any question that has to do with theft should be answered universally with the mindset of "I have never stolen, I will never steal, and I do not condone stealing in any way" right?[/quote] That's not entirely true. Depends on the question. If you answer too positively for everything, it could raise red flags. [works for assessment firm]

Now, I don't know what Best Buy uses, but for a lot of these, there is no pass or fail. It depends on how your results match what they're looking for. You might just not be retail drone material. Though on the hourly level, I suppose you could in fact be failing. Sorry. :D

[quote name='jbroush99']Since when does Best Buy require a personality?[/QUOTE]

therein lies the trick. you're supposed to hand it back, stare ahead with your eyes unfocused and say "I have no personality or conscience. I am at your mercy and do whatever pleases manager. I would go so far as to offer extended warranties on soda and magazines, if you so desire. I would offer to install games on Gameboys, offer assembly services for CD racks and recommend Monster cables for things that don't even need cables. I can be urban for black people, clean cut for rich people, seductive to women, and persuasive to children. I also have no problems gypping the elderly."

[quote name='Apossum']I would go so far as to offer extended warranties on soda and magazines, if you so desire. I would offer to install games on Gameboys, offer assembly services for CD racks and recommend Monster cables for things that don't even need cables.[/QUOTE]

Copying the employee manual is a breach of your NDA. You better hope Cheapy doesn't fold to corporate and turn over the IP logs.

I just got a job there myself, you have to feed them the bs on the test and in person really.

I mean, who says no to a question like "sometimes I get annoyed with people"? For years I tried to be honest but I never got a single phone call.

The world is a depressing place, but being reminded of that is offset by the fact that you get to work with games, dvds and tvs.

Answer every question with the Strongly variety and be consistent with your answers. As you can tell from the tone of this thread, you're making a serious fucking mistake.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I remember how excited I was when I found a post about my store on that site while I was working for them. I had no idea who had posted the story but every complaint they had were the exact same ones I did.[/QUOTE]

well there ya go!

You have to answer to the test. I've been thru the same shit. For example if you're asked "is the customer always right?". And you get answers like "Hell no!", "Sometimes", "yes", or "I'll personally bend over backwards and then kiss their ass while cuping their balls so they don't get cold!"; you answer "yes. Anything else is a no go

[quote name='willardhaven']I just got a job there myself, you have to feed them the bs on the test and in person really.

I mean, who says no to a question like "sometimes I get annoyed with people"? For years I tried to be honest but I never got a single phone call.

The world is a depressing place, but being reminded of that is offset by the fact that you get to work with games, dvds and tvs.[/quote]

What did you put on your test?

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']You have to answer to the test. I've been thru the same shit. For example if you're asked "is the customer always right?". And you get answers like "Hell no!", "Sometimes", "yes", or "I'll personally bend over backwards and then kiss their ass while cuping their balls so they don't get cold!"; you answer "yes. Anything else is a no go[/QUOTE]
Somebody needs to break this down for me. The way I'm reading this, BB employees are simply required to tell me that I am right, and they are not supposed to cup my balls as to prevent them from undesirable thermal effects.

The latter point does not agree with my typical buying experience.

[quote name='dothog']Somebody needs to break this down for me. The way I'm reading this, BB employees are simply required to tell me that I am right, and they are not supposed to cup my balls as to prevent them from undesirable thermal effects.

The latter point does not agree with my typical buying experience.[/quote]

It was just an example. Was trying to make it sound uber enthusiastic. Which you don't want to sound too enthusiastic (you know what I mean) or too not caring at all, if you get what I mean.

By the way dothog, where is your avatar from? Its the only one I've ever seen online that creeps me out!

bread's done
Back