Does Anyone Else Have To Test Their Connection Every Time They Sign Into Live?

dman1869

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
Like the topic says, I have to test my connection every time I sign into Live. I'm not real familiar with all the wireless stuff, like routers, DMZ, IP Addresses, Static IP, and all that other jargon. I have a cable modem setup with it hooked up to a Wireless Netgear router, and a Netgear gaming adapter. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Is this a "just tonight" thing or does this always happen to you? I have been having a lot of trouble while playing Gears of War tonight. Losing connection, getting kicked from games because it says my connection was lost, then having no connection to Live at all. Is something going on with Gears or Live tonight or what?

I am too. Seems to be happening a lot in the past month. And tonight I got dropped from Live when I wasn't even playing a game online, and it took forever to reconnect.

Never had problems before, I just always thought it was my wireless connection. Maybe not?

Jeremy

Have had the same problem. I don't know if it just started today or, in fact, it is a conflict of the "fall update" and I'm just now noticing since I bought Gears of War.

I was using the official wireless adaptor and just switched over to a wired network and now it works fine. So, that begs the question...

Those of you with problems, are you using the official wireless adaptor?

Me too almost everytime. (wired) SOmetimes ingame it will say lost connection, then immediatly I can log back in. Im thinking its my 360 possible droping the connection like that. Doubt its my internet.

Yes, i am not the only one having a problem, ever since i got to my college i have to test everytime i turn it on
also now they are starting to fail more and more certain things that is

[quote name='Erillian']Is this a "just tonight" thing or does this always happen to you? I have been having a lot of trouble while playing Gears of War tonight. Losing connection, getting kicked from games because it says my connection was lost, then having no connection to Live at all. Is something going on with Gears or Live tonight or what?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's an every single time I want to sign in thing. Sounds like mvp has the same scenario I have. What the hell do we have to change? It is something with the router, the gaming bridge, or just Xbox Live? :evil:

i've had this issue since yesterday. it'll connect on bootup.... then disconnect a few minutes later. try to reconnect, have to test, it'll pass the test, and then it'll connect. issue for me though is that adelphia (my provider) is transitioning to comcast and well, i've had issues around the clock.

I hadn't had a problem until yesterday when I configured the 360 to use a static IP address. While my experience does not indicate a chronic problem (I've only restarted the 360 once since I configured the static IP), being able to recreate this issue on the first try is somewhat alarming.

Coincidentally, I've noticed the green rings on startup is now out of sync with the startup animation. The rings spin and glow green first, before I even get a picture, then I get the X360 startup animation.

This definitely started after the fall update. For what it's worth...

[quote name='daphatty']I hadn't had a problem until yesterday when I configured the 360 to use a static IP address. While my experience does not indicate a chronic problem (I've only restarted the 360 once since I configured the static IP), being able to recreate this issue on the first try is somewhat alarming.[/QUOTE]

daphatty - I couldn't get past NAT moderate with a static IP and ports forwarded. It was only until I assigned the dynamic IP I could get NAT open. And that's when I started to have to test my XBL connection before I could connect.

Weird...

bread's done
Back