Does anyone forsee a DS Lite pricedrop?

memis

CAG Veteran
Good day, CAG. A response to the aforementioned question would most be appreciated.

When do you think a pricedrop is most likely to occur? I've been meaning to pick one up, and I'd like to plan accordingly.

Its selling too well to drop the price in the foreseeable future. It'll would have to be this Q4 at the very earliest, but I wouldnt count on it.

It's highly unlikely that they would drop the price on it anytime this year. If any company is going to have a price drop on any of their hardware it most likely won't happen until E3 or the new "E for All" expo.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Its selling too well to drop the price in the foreseeable future. It'll would have to be this Q4 at the very earliest, but I wouldnt count on it.[/QUOTE]

QFT

From a business perspective, it makes no sense whatsoever. The system is selling unbelievbably well... it's pretty much unprecedented for a portable. Furthermore, the only competition -- the PSP -- is getting stomped by the DS Lite as it is. Nintendo has no reason to drop the price when they're raking in the cash at the ridiculous rate they are now. Maybe in Fall or Winter of 2008 or something... but right now, it's priced reasonably and Nintendo has no reason to consider a price drop.

I would say about 0% on a price drop. The way they are selling a price increase would probably be more likely. We might not see a price drop until 2008 or 2009. Unless they release another redesign on the DS Lite don't count on a price drop anytime soon.

Absolutely no chance of one this year, at the very least. This best that might happen is a game bundle, with a slight price break from each item seperately, but even that is iffy.

its too popular theres no competition close to nintendo right now
129.99 is ok already but if you wanna save just wait for bundles

A better question might be, when are they coming out with new colors? I'd love to see a "Classic NES" style like they did with the GBA SP.

I'm curious, OP... do you own a DS at all?

If not, I highly suggest picking the DS Lite up at $129.99, right now. It's worth every cent.

[quote name='yukine']

If not, I highly suggest picking the DS Lite up at $129.99, right now. It's worth every cent.[/quote]

QFT!!!

I had to go around 10 shops until I found 1 with a Onyx DS Lite and it was the last piece too.. yee haww!

We should be thankful that they don't try and raise the price. :/

I just wish Nintendo would personally let you trade in the bulky DS for a DS Lite free and clear. But I love my electric blue's color n_n

I wouldn't expect a price drop any where in the near future or even distant future. They can't keep up with the demand at the current price, why drop it?

bread's done
Back