Does anyone have the Westinghouse 22" Monitor from BF I have a Wii

seththefallen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Did anyone get that 22" Westinghouse Black Friday monitor from Best buy? I'm interested in purchasing one at a reasonable price from a fellow CAG. Ebay has them around $350 ending which is meh. I can't afford an HD set so this maybe a cheaper way to get good picture. Has anyone used it for the 360? How's the picture? Component or VGA (It has both.)

I have a Wii. Though I doubt anyone is trading their monitor and some money for a Wii.

Well, I have one, but I'm not selling it, sorry. I don't think you'll find anyone who wants to get rid of it either.

I'm using it for the 360, yes, and the games look amazing via the VGA cable. It's a 16:10 monitor, not 16:9, so it will stretch the screen a bit if you have it set to 720p with the component cables. 1080i isn't stretched, but didn't look good at all to my eye. VGA set to 1366x768 looks perfect, with no stretching. I'm using the offical VGA 360 cables, though I've heard of people having problems with unoffical cables.

Just a couple of things you might want to be aware of.

[quote name='Trakan']VGA set to 1366x768 looks perfect, with no stretching.[/QUOTE]

How'd you get 1366x768 via VGA.

I don't believe that's an option.

[quote name='Gully']How'd you get 1366x768 via VGA.

I don't believe that's an option.[/quote]

It is an option, I can verify that

[quote name='xmrblondex']It is an option, I can verify that[/QUOTE]

Niiice, was it after the new update?

Either way, I'm glad I just got the new 22" Westy.

Do the VGA cables allow sound to come out of the monitor? I know via component that the monitor's speakers should work but my understanding is that VGA is just picture. Can you verify?

bread's done
Back