Does Anyone Know Better Deals Than These for a PS3 and Wii

Lost Loser

CAGiversary!
At the beginning of June my PS3, Wii, 360, and 40 games got stolen from my house (this marks the third time I've had my game collection raided). My friends were sweet and surprised me with a replacement 360, 20 games, and $100, but I still need to replace the other two consoles. The insurance company called today to say they'd finished processing my claim and told me how much money they'd be sending me to replace my stuff. The good news is they're giving enough money to buy back the two consoles and 20 games I'm missing (honestly I was shocked at how much I'll actually get and am considering giving my friends back their $100, I just don't know if that would be rude). Even with the insurance money, I still wanna make sure I'm getting a good deal though. My mom and I both did only searches for Wiis and PS3s, and we thought that the following deals at Walmart seemed pretty decent:

$245 Wii Starter Bundle:

• Wii Console (Black or White)
  • 2 Wiimotes (I would pay the extra $5 to get a 1st party controller)
  • 2 nunchuks
  • WiiSports
  • WiiSports Resort
  • 1 Wii Motion Plus
  • 1 Game from their list of 21 (I would pick Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, or Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Walmart also has a $285 Family Fun Bundle that is pretty much the same thing but you get to pick 2 games from their list (so you're paying $40 for one game). I liked the $245 bundle because the second Wiimote pretty much covers the $40 extra, and then you get the nunchuk and the game for $5. My sister is also a Walmart employee and said she could use her discount to order this (I'm pretty sure they don't discount consoles, but maybe it will work on the extra stuff, we'll find out).

Walmart also has a similar bundle for the PS3 where for $415 you get:

• A 120 GB PlayStation 3
  • 2 DualShock 3s
  • Your choice of 2 games (each game has a separate list you choose from. I'd probably go with LittleBigPlanet from the first and then either Darksiders, Final Fantasy XIII, or Heavy Rain from the second)
This deal doesn't seem as good as the Wii once since you're paying an extra $115 on top of the console, but you're still ending up getting the stuff for below MSRP. Also my old PS3 was one of the original 60 GB models so I have a collection of PS2 games that I couldn't play on a newer model PS3, though I'm guessing it probably isn't very hard to find a PS2 for cheap. My other option is that I have a friend who just bought a refurbished 60 GB and has since realized she doesn't like it as much as she was expecting she would. She told me she would sell it to me for $140. The system itself is slightly damaged. The front is banged up and none of the card readers work (although to my knowledge the USB slots are in good condition). I guess there is no doubt that I could buy a DualShock 3 and any two of the games listed above for well under the $275 I would be saving (and that's not even including the price of the PS2 I'd have to buy), but at the same time the console was refurbished by someone who just fixes them as a hobby and I don't know how reliable that makes it.

[quote name='slfc']Third time? Lock your doors dude.[/QUOTE]

First two times were my sister-in-law back when I lived with my parents (we didn't find out it was her until the second time). This time it was my roommate's friends. My roommate has been kicked out and my locks have been changed.

Damn. You have some shitty family and your roommate has/had some shitty friends. Personally, I'd also be going after your sister-in-law and your roommates friends in small claims court. Why should the insurance company keep having to pay when it's those toolbags who stole your shit?

bread's done
Back