Does anyone know how rare the compact snes machine is?

ECW_fan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I would asume that it is not as hard to find, or not as rare as the top loading nes. Just wondering if anyone knew.

No, not as rare as the top loader, but they have been moving up in price a bit. Some TRU's still had them in stock in the late 90's and just now you'll see an increase in value. Not sure why as unlike the top loader, they're worse. No s-video support at all.

WTF are you talking about????

The S-Video support has nothing to do with the system.

Yes, the compact SNES is cosidered rare. Sealed boxes are worth a ton more. eBay is iffy though,... I've seen some SNESs go for $150, and others for next to nothing.
I had about 5 sealed bundles, which CompUSA were clearing out at $5 a unit,... but I sold them to friends, and 2 on eBay. I kept one, which I never use.

It's a much better machine than the original release.
I wouldn't pay more than $30 for an opened unit,... but that's my opinion.
:p

I don't think it's worth selling nor are they rare. I have two, one I use, and one i'll use when this one breaks. I got both at Target when they were selling the "Target exclusive" Zelda pack.

The Compact one is of lesser quality then the original one. If I recall, there is no Power light, right? I sold mine a few years back and have an original one now...I just don't remember.

Even the Top Loader was of lesser quality then the original NES. Sure, the pin inside actually PLAYED games, but again, no light and no A/V (rf looked like crap on it).

The S-Video support has nothing to do with the system.

Um, yes, it does. If you enjoy playing your games in s-video, obviously the slimmer model isn't what you want and it's not worth paying the higher price. There's no reaosn to own a slim over an original other than space concerns. Same goes for the NES Top Loader without AV ports.

[quote name='gamereviewgod']No, not as rare as the top loader, but they have been moving up in price a bit. Some TRU's still had them in stock in the late 90's and just now you'll see an increase in value. Not sure why as unlike the top loader, they're worse. No s-video support at all.[/QUOTE]
I was just wondering saw one at and antique store, with no plug-ins. The guy would have sold it to me for a dollar or two. He only wanted a dollar for those plug and play atari things that go for 25 at wal-mart.

go for it.. thats a great deal.. the pawn shop sold me a SNES for 15 (the actually wanted 30 for it)... but i got them to throw in their copy of Mario Kart for free.. that was pretty sweet.. i didn't get a compact although mine works so why get another one?

bread's done
Back