Does anyone know of a reliable cheap ass dsl provider?

Nyquil

CAGiversary!
I currently have Verizon DSL service and its starting to get a little too pricey for me. Does anyone know of any reliable cheap dsl providers that have services in the Washington State Area?

[quote name='Abdullah2']isnt the cheapest yahoo! dsl? wasnt it 19.99 a month?[/quote]

That's what I have right now. It's part of a package deal that includes unlimited Nationwide calling.

SBC Yahoo! DSL, incredibly reliable, great price (at most it is $27.95 a month), and terrific customer service. Much better than Earthlink (which I used to have).

I looked into the SBC DSL thing but they don't provide service out here in Washington which sucks for me.

The first thing to do is go to www.broadbandreports.com and see who can actually service your address. If you're on Verizon now the only other choices are going to be smaller companies using Verizon lines. The best deals they can offer aren't going to be better than $5-$10 cheaper and may involve a variety of hassles when problems arise.

SBC users: Check your service plan against the current promotion. I was getting the basic 1.5 Mb service for $26.95 but SBC recently sent out an email campaign announcing 3 Mb service for $29.95 a month. I called them up and in a few minutes had an upgrade scheduled to kick in on the 28th. For $3 plus tax it's well worth it to me.

When SBC has a better rate available they will not give it to you unless you ask and start a new contract. I have neighbors who had still been paying $50 a month almost a year after I negotiated mine down to $36. If you don't ask for the best rate you will just kkep paying the same higher rate.

I saw a link where you can signup for yahoo! DSL for 19.99 for 12 months, but I assume afterward it goes back to its orginial price.

Ugh SBC Yahoo! is horrible at basic. We would have it drop out like crazy. When it was on it was great but when it went out...just ugh!

Yahoo DSL is only $19.99 when you sign up with a certain SBC Long distance plan. Also, you have to figure all the charges they tack on for hooking up the phone connections; My first bill from SBC was HUGE much to my dismay.

Since you have Verizon which I heard doesnt go through the phone jack, I suggest you should consider looking into VOIP. There is a huge thread on VOIP in the Lifestyles section. You may not be able to find a cheaper DSL but you may be able to reduce your telephone bill which means in the end you'll save money...

bread's done
Back