Does anyone play Initial D at thier arcade?

ZeonikFreak

CAGiversary!
Just asking curiously.

The last time i played Initial D, me and a friend of mine when to fayettville NC to try out the new Initial D 4, or version 4. Its a fantastic arcade game, fun to the max with great eurobeat music to boot. And with Initial D 4 out, its pumps it up a hand full of notches with next gen graphics and diffrent gameplay.

Im not sure how many here are a fan of the anime/manga as I am, but its something to check out too.

Im accually wanting to know the nearest arcade that has an Initial D cabinent on the western side of SC. My copy of Special Stage has been helping the habit, but it doesnt quite make up for the arcade atmosphere, racing against others, the cheering and the swearing to go with every race.

Yea, just wanted some imput. It would be nice to see some Intial D fans other than me and a few others i know of...:bouncy::D

I played it once at a Gameworks I think. Seemed pretty fun but I definitely wasn't any good at it, as I got off two young Asian gentlemen came and played it. They whipped out some codes that had some saved info from their previous races on it and got to work kicking butt. That was actually more fun to watch than it was for me to play it.

I played this game and loved it over here in CA
What made the game more enjoyable for me was beating this 14 year old kid who would keep talking crap and ended up leaving with his head down after I beat him

Played it on a cruise ship while my wife went to grab us drinks...really fun, wish there was something like it on the non-import PS3.

I remember playing it at brunswick (bowling with an arcade) with my friends. Ver 3 was the one we played. Fun game, but damn was it expensive. We usually went on a wednesday where it was like 80% off all games. Fun times, but whenever we go now, we just go and play MvC2.

I remeber where if you were turning and you shifted up and then down or vice versa. You supposedly went faster? I dunno, I remeber people doing that, that trick still used in Ver 4?

I was a big fan of V3, fully tuned cars, ah, so much money spent on that. When V4 came out, I played it, but after initally beating the "story" a few times through, it lost a bit of its appeal. I play occasionally when Im with friends, but I dont go out of my way anymore just to play.

How about the Maximum Tuner (Wangan Midnight)?

I was at Dave and Busters in CA when I saw that machine. Needless to say I spent all my points on that game.

One of the theatres here has it, I play each time I go to see a movie. Fun game to kill some time before a movie. I would probably buy it if it came out on the PS3 here.

[quote name='Kyo']How about the Maximum Tuner (Wangan Midnight)?

I was at Dave and Busters in CA when I saw that machine. Needless to say I spent all my points on that game.[/quote]

I was a pretty big fan of WMMT2, ive got a card with like 810 hp on it or so.

[quote name='blumpies5'] I played this game and loved it over here in CA
What made the game more enjoyable for me was beating this 14 year old kid who would keep talking crap and ended up leaving with his head down after I beat him[/quote]

Yea, those are the best kinds of people to play, because then you feel good about yourself when you see them cry.:D

I remeber where if you were turning and you shifted up and then down or vice versa. You supposedly went faster? I dunno, I remeber people doing that, that trick still used in Ver 4?

Thats accually called "Machine Gun shifting". Its something quite a few people did during ver 2 and on ver 3. You apperently go faster through corners that way, but i have to admit, you look like a freaking retard when you do it.

Ive see the people who do that tactic, and it looks like they are having a seizure or a retard spazm when they do it, because they are leaning over the machine about to fall out, and the shifter is like if there jacking off with it. I hear its one of the ways to get better times on tracks, but they do look retarded. But hey, if that gets you a 2'57 on akina downhill, im not one to mess with success.

Im sure others do it without spazing out, then it would look cooler. As for doing it on ver 4, i really cant say. There are a few sites that people do specialize in the arcade machines, and they write their own tutorials and shift points for certain cars.

Yea, i really want to play extreame stage for ps3 whenever i get the system (since ps3 are region free), that and the wangan midnight game too ( i would like to try it out). As a matter of fact, ive played the wangan midnight game for ps2, its alright, not as great as i thought it would be. But, in certain parts its hard as freaking satan. Thats one of my biggest turn offs, but hey, the japanese love games that have the "tear their skulls off thier body" kinda of difficulty.

Ah, card reader games are just awesome...

bread's done
Back