Does anyone remember Secrets of the Luftwaffe?

jd57

CAG Veteran
i'm hoping you guys can help me out...

my husband and i bought a Wii for our xmas present. We haven't opened it yet, but at least we found one... so until xmas, we just look longingly at it across the room.

Neither one of us are major gamers, but it looks fun.

So, i am on a mission to find the perfect game for my husband...

he used to love playing a game we had called "Secrets of the Luftwaffe". this is an old game... i have tried over the years to replace it... i bought him a microsoft flying sim game once but he didn't like it cause it was "to complicated".

between you and me, because he's a vet, i think he just likes to shoot down german planes ;)

So, if any of you remember the game "Secrets of the Luftwaffe", could you tell me if there might be a similar game for the Wii?

thanks,
jd

Blazing Angels should fit the bill nicely. It's simple and straight forward, and good fun.

Cheers. :)

Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe (which is the correct title, by the way) was indeed a great game. If you guys happen to have a PS2 or an Xbox 1 (or, well, a PC), there was actually a direct sequel to SWotL released back in 2003 called Secret Weapons Over Normandy, and it was a fantastic game, if you'd be interested in tracking it down.

Either way, definitely pick up Blazing Angels, and/or Heatseeker, if the modern setting is acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe was the shit, back when Lucasarts actually made good (and non-Star Wars) games.

Blazing Angels has an arcade mode I think, which probably controls a bit like SWotL.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe (which is the correct title, by the way) [/QUOTE]

I was coming into this thread to issue this correction myself. Glad I'm not the only Lucasarts fan floating around here. :)

Ah the olden days.

LucasArts released a couple of follow up games to this for PC, I don't think they would be too intensive that an average PC could run. I believe it was called "Secret Weapons over Normandy."

Blazing Angels is your best bet on the Wii though.

thanks you guys, i have put the blazing angels game in my shopping cart at amazon... he really did like the simplicity of Secret weapons of the luftwaffe... he didn't want to have to go through flight school before he could even fly the plane, so it looks like Blazing Angels would be similar....

i looked at this "Wii Airplane Controller Stand" for flying, but it gets a couple of lousy reviews... what kind of controller do you flying gamers like to to use on the Wii?

i remember just using a joystick...

ah, the good old days...

WWII Aces looks good also... what's the major difference between them?

you guys are being very helpful, thank you so much! it would be so nice to buy him something that he would actually enjoy playing for once...

[quote name='jd57']you guys are being very helpful, thank you so much! it would be so nice to buy him something that he would actually enjoy playing for once...[/QUOTE]
What other things does he like? Maybe we can recommend games based on his interests/personality.

For instance, I just picked up Sam & Max: Season One last week. Highly recommended for fans of the old Lucasarts point-and-click adventure games, and the cheeky/wacky/violence-embracing humor provides lots of laughs. If your husband likes puzzles and would laugh at lines like "I never pass up a chance to inflict gratuitous violence!", he might enjoy it...

--R.J.

if i remember correctly it was an add on or sequel to aces of the pacific. they were great games! they might have it on gametap

bread's done
Back