Does anyone still play Battlefield 2?

bigdogn12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
Hey guys,

I've recently had the urge to drop counter-strike and try to pick up Battlefield 2. It seems like a fun game and from the demo, I want it!

I was wondering if people were still playing it? Also, is everyone just playing Battlefield 2 only online and not the other booster packs? I'm wondering if it was worth it at all for me to pay the extra money for Special forces, Euro Force, and Armored Fury.

I know I want Battlefield 2 for sure, I just don't know whether to purchase Special forces, Euro Force, and Armored fury or not.

Thanks.
smile.gif

PS. Where is a cheap place to get Battlefield 2 NEW?

Yeah, many people still play Battlefield 2. There are also a few Special Forces servers around. It's a great expansion pack and as a bonus you get to unlock more weapons in the regular game when you play it. I've heard the Armored Fury and Euro Force booster packs aren't played that much so I don't know about those.

I would at least recommend getting BF2: Deluxe Edition (CD-ROM only for U.S. version, comes on 5 discs) for BF2 and Special Forces (which should cost you about $30 or less) or if you wan't the complete BF2 Collection with all expansions and boosters on DVD, you can get that for $40 or less. BF2 by itself will be like $20 or less. Just incase for some reason you don't want Special Forces and want BF2 and Booster Packs (or don't have the cash and want to get it later), the Booster Packs collection is only $10.

Thanks for the responses guys. I just want the Deluxe edition, but it only comes on CD :( I might just shell out the extra $10 for the complete which is on DVD. But the thing about that is, the general consensus seems to not play the booster games, Armored Fury and Euro Force.

[quote name='bigdogn12']Thanks for the responses guys. I just want the Deluxe edition, but it only comes on CD :( I might just shell out the extra $10 for the complete which is on DVD. But the thing about that is, the general consensus seems to not play the booster games, Armored Fury and Euro Force.[/QUOTE]

i just got so tired of waiting for it that I didn't even bother to install Armored fury or Euro Forces.

After taking about 1 year off from BF 2 I picked it up for one night last week. I was really suprised how many people are still playing it. This is great news since I am planning on going back and playing it again soon once I build my new computer. It really never gets old playing that game. I can't recommend it enough really.

Only in some maps. For example you can fly jets in the 32 and 64 player (online only, unless you d/l the single player mod) Oman map but not the 16 player one (the only ones available in single player). You can fly them on the 16 player Operation Clean Sweep map though. I don't play alot of single player so that's the only map I know so far.

I played this game pretty hardcore up until about a month ago. The game wont start at all. There are alot of bugs in the code and many people have start-up problems. Load times can be slow on some computers. I refuse to format and re install. Tried 2142 and didnt like it so DoD:S is what i play mostly now thanks to BF2 not working.

Wow, these jets are freaking hard to fly. It doesn't respond immediately, creating the effect of input lag. But my computer exceeds the specs required, so it just might be the natural controlling of flight in the game. I don't know how to mess with the yolk, sensitivity, and tilt.

I bought a joystick, so it's on its way to be deliverd. Logitech Freedom 2.4 Wireless new for $5 :)

bread's done
Back