Does anyone still play D&D?

KaleKatsura

CAGiversary!
Seriously, Everyone I've talked to doesn't any more, and not just because of how nerf'd things are in 4th edition. So I ask:

Does anyone here still play D&D, and if so, do you play with friends offline, or do you play online with something like Maptool/OpenRPG/ect ect

Oh nevermind. I can be an idiot at some times. But I played it almost everyday when i was ten. Now i just have the game set in a case in my room. lol

D&D died with Gary Gygax.

There. Now I sound like a Metallica hater.

I think the new Futurama dvd movie (not yet released) is D&D based.

Yup!
A group of six of us get together about every 3-4 weeks and devote a weekend day to it.

We play 2nd edition with custom rules setup by our DM.
We use a Mana system that he put together for our spell casting.

If you have good people that put some effort into it, it's a great CHEAP ASS hobby!

[quote name='Dead of Knight']My boyfriend still plays it, and we actually live in Ohio. :lol: I've never really played it though.[/quote]

I played once a week here in Columbus as well up until I graduated this year. It's just hard to get a good group together that will put a night aside to play instead of ditching it for whatever might come up.

I last played it in 10th grade. I quit because I always had super-rolls and made some paladin-class character at start and I'd always be killed by the dick DM by some unforseen boulder with a save I couldn't throw. Nothing happened whenever I'd be a mage with high str and low int though.

I think it's for the better, D&D was a bad habit to get into. But soon after, I got into Magic TG.

[quote name='Dingleberry']I played once a week here in Columbus as well up until I graduated this year. It's just hard to get a good group together that will put a night aside to play instead of ditching it for whatever might come up.[/quote]

Agreed. I played Twice in Zanesville, but the group ended up falling apart (Due to jobs, and classes)

In high school, we had a pretty good group and played a few times a week after school. Still have my old second edition books stashed away somewhere.

My stepfather plays it with some geek buddies from work. 3rd edition, I think. They're all adults and married, so it's their down-time night, D&D night. I think they game every other week. They switch up DMs to make things interesting.

I haven't played for over 15 years, but I'm considering joining a group again. I really like the new 4th edition rules. A lot of my friends feel the same way.

[quote name='thesimplicity']I haven't played for over 15 years, but I'm considering joining a group again. I really like the new 4th edition rules. A lot of my friends feel the same way.[/quote]

For me, I'd rather play 3.5, but a lot of that is because its the ruleset im used to playing with.

If anyone can find a half decent D&D program, CAG could probably set up its own D&D groups if it came down to it.

[quote name='Xevious']You never know....D&D could make a comeback..[/quote]

Yeah, and I'd like to be around for that to happen, but if it does it soon, I wont be able to play none the less (I live in the middle of bum-fuck Ohio. Seriously, the nearest "City" is like, 30 miles)

I used to play in high school and the first few months of college, but I don't anymore. I have read about some of the changes in 4th edition, and while I like some of them, I don't like how Wizards of the Coast seems to be trying to nickle and dime their remaining D&D fans.

[quote name='KaleKatsura']For me, I'd rather play 3.5, but a lot of that is because its the ruleset im used to playing with.

If anyone can find a half decent D&D program, CAG could probably set up its own D&D groups if it came down to it.[/quote]
There are programs like OpenRPG but I've never tried it.

[quote name='Kaijufan']

There are programs like OpenRPG but I've never tried it.[/quote]

I tried it once, Its nice but...I'd like something that the people actually use like, Teamspeak or Skype or something for.

[quote name='KaleKatsura']If anyone can find a half decent D&D program, CAG could probably set up its own D&D groups if it came down to it.[/quote]I was going to say that Wizards was trying to do this with their Gleemax site, but when I checked on it I learned the whole thing was being pulled. I guess they don't think remote D&D sessions have much of a future. Weird.

Ok, Now I'm ticked. I was hoping I'd get to use their VT to play, but now it doesnt look like that's going to happen anymore.

So, does anyone else here use a 3rd party app for that purpose?

bread's done
Back