Does brand matter for HDMI cable?

variablesunknown

CAGiversary!
I just got a PS3 (nice unbundled 60gb thanks to CAG) and want to buy an HDMI cable to hook it up to my LCD TV. I notice that price flucuates greatly between cables, from $14.99 to $59.99 to $99.99! I am not a stickler for "monster" cables or anything, is there any technical or quality reason to buy the more expensive cables over the cheap one? Help me out AV techie CAGs!;)

I have been told that since HDMI transfers the signal as digital that there is no difference in cables. I got mine at monoprice.com for like $6.50 and use it with my PS3. It looks great in my opinion.

Monoprice is definately the way to go. The only time brands matter is if youre transferring the signal >50ft. For short cables, you wont see the difference between a $6 cable and a $100 monster cable.

You can't go wrong with monoprice.com. I'm a picky bastard and monoprice.com's products are impressive, especially for the price.

Hell no, cost matters, Monster is the best by far and worth the extra $50 or more.

Just kidding, I have used many different kind of cables, and they all seem to work out just fine.

I only wish my tech-freak roommate would read this thread. He thinks the higher the price the better when it comes to ANY cable. I'. surprised however to hear that even when it comes to HDMI, it doesn't really matter.

bread's done
Back