Does ebgames.com replace the oem psp game jackets? Problems ejecting? now w/ pic

cyberlian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I have ordered lumines twice, and both times the game had a replacement jacket (not the normal oem white "UMD" jacket, but a clear jacket with no writing). The game has played fine but for whatever reason, with both copies of lumines, these clear jackets would not eject or "pop" up after ejecting in my psp. I took the first one back and the guy tried it in another psp and he could get it out ok, but it still wouldn't "pop" up. Unfortunatly, I can't really get the game out of my psp unless it ejects, I have to reach down and almost pry on it to get the game out. I would definetly break my psp if tried to do this very often.

Does ebgames.com have a universal "replace the jacket" policy?

And has anyone else experienced this problem?

edit: Here is a picture comparing two of my other psp games that I bought new with the used lumines game from ebgames.com. The "umd" on the lumines is merely a sticker that can easily be peeled off and if you look at the bottom left corners, the oem jackets say "psp".

badcase.jpg

This is all news to me also. I'll see what I can find out. I definately would stop putting those replacements anywhere near your PSP.

I have like 5 other psp games, all of which I bought new and they all have a white jacket with "umd" typed in the middle. These lumines jakets have been plain clear plastic, one had a STICKER that said "Umd" and the other had nothing. I asked the guy at eb when I returned the first copy and he said that "corporate" could change out the jackets. He also said that if a jacket is broken b&m that the game is sent to corporate where they can put a new jacket on it.

bump for the addition of a pic that should clearly show the difference in the jackets, anyone else have any psp games w/ this kind of jacket?

Thanks for the pic; perhaps you could exchange it instore for another used one?

In the past, I've been able to return used games ordered instore; if they arrived in destitute shape or incomplete then I'd take them back without any incident.

I'd make sure I spoke with the nicest person at EB, as gamestore employees to tend to be finicky.

This is the second one I've ordered from ebgames.com both w/ the clear case. I did take the last one back for a refund w/ which I bought the 2nd copy. I would try to exchange it in store, but none of the nearby stores have it in stock.

BREAKING NEWS!

EB Games sells FUBAR games!

I can't believe you bought a used game from ebgames.com, shame on you. You are lucky you got the actual game disc.

[quote name='cyberlian']I'll probably just take it back b&m, can anyone confirm that lumuines normally has the white jacket?[/QUOTE]
I own the game and it has the white jacket. I have seen a few others too and they all are the white.

Thanks madskllz, I may try to exchange it b&m (if I want to drive 50 min) or I may just get a "store credit" refund. Has anyone else had problems w/ these clear cases? Has anyone else even got any of the clear cases?

I used to manage and EB until last November and I have never seen them My only guess is that the warehouse gets them back with the cases broke and they replace them. I woul dgo exchange it though, dont trust anything EB does to a game.

I would NOT put that in your PSP. That can't be official and you can be certain that your warrnty is voided when you put it in the system. That's super fucking shitty of EB.

I just got my online order from EB and my Namco Museum is in one of these cases. it does seem to stick a bit on ejecting. I'm going to try to exchange it locally if I can.

bread's done
Back