Does gamestop do price guarantees?

serum79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I bought wild arms 4 from them a few days ago and want to know if they will do a price adjustment on it when it goes on sale at circuit city this sunday

[quote name='serum79']I bought wild arms 4 from them a few days ago and want to know if they will do a price adjustment on it when it goes on sale at circuit city this sunday[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, nope. They won't adjust/match anything. If you want to, and still have your receipt, you can buy it form CC on monday and take that copy back to GS to get your money back.

[quote name='serum79']that sucks
i wonder why.
whatever..looks like I will return it and buy it at cc instead[/QUOTE]

Because Circuit City can afford to sell the game below cost, Gamestop can't.

Although their is a pricematching discount in the computer (anyone who says other wise is lying) It's up to the store manager if they will allow pricematching. We pricematch at the GS I work at, only expection is Fry's. Hell if people do find it cheaper I will tell them to bring the ad, we will pricematch.

So it's YMMV.

i think circuit city is selling it at cost... Usually markup on sony games is 25% up or more.. Hence the sell psp bundles with sony games.. Another thing is sony pays circuit city or best buy to have games in the ad.

[quote name='Roufuss']Because Circuit City can afford to sell the game below cost, Gamestop can't.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if no one buys the game at GameStop because they want to buy it cheaper elsewhere, than Gamestop actually can sell it "below cost". If they sell a few or no copies because of better sales elsewhere, than you bet that they'll have to start selling it a lower price. And if they just sold it $10 cheaper in the beginning, then they would have sold more and made more money in the long run.

[quote name='Rozz']Actually, if no one buys the game at GameStop because they want to buy it cheaper elsewhere, than Gamestop actually can sell it "below cost". If they sell a few or no copies because of better sales elsewhere, than you bet that they'll have to start selling it a lower price. And if they just sold it $10 cheaper in the beginning, then they would have sold more and made more money in the long run.[/QUOTE]

actually for the most part.. i usually wait for all the drops to happen before buying a game or get it used.. but i mean gamestop is smarter because probably less than 5% of its customers that bought it when it was 10 dollars cheaper are not going to take it back for a refund and rebuy it at circuit city.. seems to me thats more work then it is worth.. so id say the majority of people will not be returning it even though they could get it cheaper now.. thats not from laziness just from practicality standpoint.

bread's done
Back