Does Gamestop Price Match?

lvgamer1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sorry if this is posted somewhere....I couldn't find it.

Is there a store FAQ on this site? That would be nice....return policies, price matching, typical delivery days, typical sale/clearance times of the week/year, etc.

Yes, we do. But we are not supposed to unless the customer specifically asks for it. AND the other store must have it in stock, and you must surrender the AD where you saw the discounted price.

We do not pricematch Fry's.
We do not match deals. (eg. free game w/purchase or B2G1 Free)

"Yes, we do. But we are not supposed to unless the customer specifically asks for it."

I dont know how else a pricematch would be done unless the customer asked for it... not like the shop keep would be like, hey that games on sale at best buy this week for 10 dollars cheaper... guess ill give ya that price.

yeah, like basketcase said, well pricematch, but you need an add. and ive always been told we only do it with "competing markets" so if you bring a circuit city ad and there isnt one nearby, good luck.

I was told point blank by a clerk, that they do not pricematch because we are not a 'big' company like Best Buy or Circuit City...WTF, 3 BILLION in sales isn't much, I guess.

They don't pricematch Fry's? What kind of BS is that... why would they pricematch other local competitors and not Fry's?

[quote name='Koggit']They don't pricematch Fry's? What kind of BS is that... why would they pricematch other local competitors and not Fry's?[/quote]

Maybe, just maybe, because Fry's sells their advertised games at a loss to get you in the store? Why would we do that if we know you are going to go down to our store anyway to buy that used copy of God of War, etc.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']"Yes, we do. But we are not supposed to unless the customer specifically asks for it."

I dont know how else a pricematch would be done unless the customer asked for it... not like the shop keep would be like, hey that games on sale at best buy this week for 10 dollars cheaper... guess ill give ya that price.[/quote]

No, if a customer just says "hey, this game is on sale for $20 at Best Buy" we are supposed to just try to sell it to them for full price anyway. We are only to pricematch if they specifically ask for it and say they will go somewhere else unless we do.

Most people will buy the game since they are there and do not want to bother to go somewhere else. Poeple pay a lot of money for convenience.

However, since I have no real reason to care about whether I make the sale or not, I do not want to bother with getting the ad, call BestBuy, see if they have it in stock, and then clip the AD to the closing paperwork. Screw it, I'd rather they go there and I continue to sit on my ass.

i was told by the district manager here in Raleigh that they only price match other video game stores because those are their "direct competitors", which excludes Best Buy, CC, Target, etc. because they are big corporation.

what kind ofcrap is that that they only price match EB games?
"Yes, we pricematch, but only to the stores that our company owns."

unless your gamestop is in the middle of nowhere I find it very hardto believe that anyone would not just go to another store nearby and pricematch if something is on sale. Speaking of gamestop being stupid... they have two stores within a 1/4 mile radius of each other. One is inside the mall, and the other is ride outside the mall.... does that make any sense?

[quote name='BasketCase1080']unless your gamestop is in the middle of nowhere I find it very hardto believe that anyone would not just go to another store nearby and pricematch if something is on sale. Speaking of gamestop being stupid... they have two stores within a 1/4 mile radius of each other. One is inside the mall, and the other is ride outside the mall.... does that make any sense?[/QUOTE]

I was told by some employees that corporate did this because people don't like bringing their trade-in games through a mall. So they take their games to the store outside the mall to trade-in, and then send those games to the mall because the mall store is alot busier and gets more business all hours of the day (since it's in a mall).

Not sure if this is true or not, but it made a little bit more sense.

[quote name='Roufuss']I was told by some employees that corporate did this because people don't like bringing their trade-in games through a mall. So they take their games to the store outside the mall to trade-in, and then send those games to the mall because the mall store is alot busier and gets more business all hours of the day (since it's in a mall).

Not sure if this is true or not, but it made a little bit more sense.[/QUOTE]

that could be. The one outside the mall used to be a funcoland, which I really liked a lot more than a gamestop. Seems like funcoland paid more for games and I liked how they had that newspaper with the list of all tradein values.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']unless your gamestop is in the middle of nowhere I find it very hardto believe that anyone would not just go to another store nearby and pricematch if something is on sale. Speaking of gamestop being stupid... they have two stores within a 1/4 mile radius of each other. One is inside the mall, and the other is ride outside the mall.... does that make any sense?[/quote]

How about this - There are two EB's in my mall. How far apart? Walk down the stairs and 3 stores over and you are at the other one. ;)

yea, theres an eb at the mall not 5 minutes from a gamestop in a strip.

the eb never has anything good and about 90% of the used games dont even have cases there. the gamestop never has as many used games but about 90% of those do have cases and you can usually find some nice used rpgs there.

I kinda wish Gamestop did PM... I stupidly reserved Kingdom Hearts 2 there, thinking nobody would have it on sale, and now lo and behold it will be $39.99 at Circuit City next week, and Best Buy is going to have it tommorrow before noon according to the worker (I can easily PM that on Sunday).

Not only will Best Buy have it sooner then Gamestop, it'll be $10 cheaper after the PM in the long run... only bad part is I have to go out of my way to get my $5 back.

[quote name='Roufuss']I kinda wish Gamestop did PM... I stupidly reserved Kingdom Hearts 2 there, thinking nobody would have it on sale, and now lo and behold it will be $39.99 at Circuit City next week, and Best Buy is going to have it tommorrow before noon according to the worker (I can easily PM that on Sunday).

Not only will Best Buy have it sooner then Gamestop, it'll be $10 cheaper after the PM in the long run... only bad part is I have to go out of my way to get my $5 back.[/QUOTE]

Which is once again another reason i will never ever preorder a game ever again.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Which is once again another reason i will never ever preorder a game ever again.[/QUOTE]

Well, I figured that no one would have it on sale, and Gamestop would get it in a day sooner then the big box companies.

Not only was I wrong, but I was VERY wrong.

Shit, from recent experience I've learned you really don't even have to preorder to get a preorder bonus, since a ton of EB's / GS's are stuck with overstock, and after a week or so they will just give them to you if you ask.

[quote name='Koggit']They don't pricematch Fry's? What kind of BS is that... why would they pricematch other local competitors and not Fry's?[/QUOTE]

Because Fry's prices are good. No store wants you to win in the end and even places like Best Buy are catching on to the Fry's ad... it's only a matter of time before stores other than Gamestop no longer match the Fry's ad which'll be a sad day...

[quote name='Chacrana']Because Fry's prices are good. No store wants you to win in the end and even places like Best Buy are catching on to the Fry's ad... it's only a matter of time before stores other than Gamestop no longer match the Fry's ad which'll be a sad day...[/QUOTE]

Ya, take my best buy for instance. They intentially hide the new release games in the back untill saturday to avoid that "pesky" friday ad with the great prices.

When i tried a few times to bring the ad in to match it on saturday, they declined saying they wouldnt match it because its from fridays ad and frys posts a new ad every day untill monday. asses.

[quote name='Roufuss']from recent experience I've learned you really don't even have to preorder to get a preorder bonus, since a ton of EB's / GS's are stuck with overstock, and after a week or so they will just give them to you if you ask.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but also from recent experience with gamestop.com even if you pre-ordered, you don't get your bonus.

but then again, in the case of MGS:S LE, i wish i pre-ordered... so basically I am torn now between pre-ordering and not. haha

bread's done
Back