Does GameStop....

[quote name='Banana']Check your systems when you trade them in?

Dunno if this is the right place.[/QUOTE]

why wouldn't they check your system? they got to know if they are being ripped off or not. I hear sometimes workers take in broken systems but it probably isn't wise to take a broken one in.

I believe they're supposed to check all console trade-ins to ensure they work prior to accepting them, but I can tell you from experience that not all clerks do this. You might get lucky with a bad system on occasion, but as a general rule, they're usually pretty consistent in checking.

Yes, they do they will check all systems, for a PS2 they check to see if DVD and bluback disk work in the system. I think if a system does not work they may buy it back for $25 or $35

[quote name='slidecage']couldnt they come after you if they dont check and it dont work. They take your info down and what you traded in[/QUOTE]

They take down that information in case something is stolen and they have a way to track down that person

[quote name='commish']They take down that information in case something is stolen and they have a way to track down that person[/QUOTE]

Huh?

They are supposed to check the systems, but as it was stated above, you may come across a lazy clerk that takes it in without checking.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']Huh?[/QUOTE]

I think he is saying they take your name and address down so they have a way to find you if you trade them a stolen system. (If you stole a PS2 and traded it into them, they'd have a way to find you...)

So as long as it plays DVDs/bludiscs they will take it? Because the memory card and second controller ports don't work.

[quote name='Banana']So as long as it plays DVDs/bludiscs they will take it? Because the memory card and second controller ports don't work.[/QUOTE]

I would think so. Most places wouldn't plug in a memory card, or a second controller. You should be fine.

bread's done
Back