Does GPA carry over from undergrad to Grad school?

jah_warrior28

CAGiversary!
I'm just trying to decide how hard I need to study for finals. My gpa is good and i've gotten accepted to grad school and recieved my scholarship. If my gpa is gonna start over then I'm not gonna study at all cuz I can still pass my classes w/o even taking the test. Thanks for any info guys

Baby Jesus is crying.

I'm curious... did you happen to get an undergrad business degree? Or was it in liberal arts?

Do remember that schools can always go back, take a second look at your grades for whatever reason they may deem as appropriate or as per necessary, and readjust things according to what they see.

For example, if you decide to change your major after hitting grad school, guess who may want to see a copy of your transcript from undergrad? Oh, yes, and you'll have to give them the most recent example possible, which would include your GPA as you were leaving. And there's a good chance that if your grades are only borderline decent in grad school to maintain that scholarship your school will look over your undergrad grades as you were leaving to compare and, hey, look at those grades!

Don't be a schmuck. If you're paying in any way for your education put in the few extra days of work so you don't open up the possibility of your ass getting kicked around in the future. Not saving those 20 hours now so you can have more doors open in your grad school future will probably save you a hell of a lot of headaches.

People these days...

[quote name='JSweeney']Baby Jesus is crying.

I'm curious... did you happen to get an undergrad business degree? Or was it in liberal arts?[/quote]

Perchance the young bard is a literature major. Or linguistics at the very least.

Nope. I had a 3.1 in my undergraduate studies but received a 3.9 when I finished grad school.

Also, I am sure that your scholarship requires a high GPA to maintain the eligibility. Mine was 3.5.

So don't slack off now or you will be accustomed to it.

Good luck.

[quote name='JSweeney']Baby Jesus is crying.

I'm curious... did you happen to get an undergrad business degree? Or was it in liberal arts?[/QUOTE]

On a slightly different note, in relation to "Liberal Arts" -- yuck.

I've always thought it was hysterical how "Liberal Arts" are never avant-garde and are always cookie-cutter and formulaic -- not liberal, by any means of the definition (well, maybe the social class). Yuck...

bread's done
Back