Does incense have the same effect as cigarette smoke?

alonzomourning23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I know cigarette smoke can damage the appearance of some games and consoles, particularly older ones. But is this due to smoke in general or just something in cigarettes? Would incense have the same effect? I burn a lot of incense and would hate having my nes, snes etc. turn yellow.

Smoke, any kind of smoke, is not good for plastics (or people for that matter). However, cigarette smoke is particularly caustic.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']I know cigarette smoke can damage the appearance of some games and consoles, particularly older ones. But is this due to smoke in general or just something in cigarettes? Would incense have the same effect? I burn a lot of incense and would hate having my nes, snes etc. turn yellow.[/quote]
You know, I've kinda wondered the same thing myself. As for them turning yellow, thats the nicotine in the cigarettes that cause that. My oldest brother said that when he was in the boy scouts years and years ago that they took them on a camping trip, and to deter(sp?) them from smoking, one of the leaders took out a hankerchief and a cigarette and blew smoke thru the white hanky. Needless to say that he was disgusted that it turned it yellow. At least I think thats how the story went. But at least you get the gist

As a side note, haven't seen you around in a while AM23

From what I have seen no, basic powder incense is not that bad at all. Though if you use some of the oil based ones they can be worse that any cigarette/ pipe. Seeing how most incense is so strong you can always burn it in a differnt room and just let it spread though out the house that way.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Incense, to my knowledge, does not have tar, ammonia, or any of the other caustic ingredients in cigarettes.[/QUOTE]

I'm also pretty sure it doesn't have rat poison, either. Drat!

bread's done
Back