Does paypal require ebay feedback to give new sellers money?

ninja dog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
In the past two weeks, I've been getting requests from sellers for feedback so that they can get money from paypal...is this really necessary or are they just trying to get positives?

they will hold some payments yes, i have had it happen to me, but leaving feedback is not the only thing they need, it's weird, paypal wants that , a tracking number, and i believe something else, but i could be wrong. but if you bought something, and it came as described, shouldn't you leave them feedback on principle?

unless you mean they want feedback before they ship, you don't want to do that.

Yeah I believe for relatively new sellers they will withhold access to the money provided the buyer leaves feedback or they provide ebay with proof of delivery. If you've already recieved your items and everything's well and good then yeah try and leave feedback ASAP. You could always leave it before that too, I'd like to believe that more often than not the people making this request are really just in need of the money and not trying to screw you out of a positive, but in case there is a problem it might be better to hold off.

yeah, just that some of the messages I received asking for feedback were borderline nigerian scam-style writing, so I was wondering if there was some other angle.

Never heard of it, but then I ahve had my account for ages...what happens if someone gets paypal and dosent use Ebay.....

P.S. how soon untill Google starts a Gbay?

I had that happen once as a seller. I got the tracking number entered in, and when it was delivered I called up PayPal support and talked to the Indian dude, and he released my money. :)

It's just a new seller thing, I think. I haven't had it happen since then.

Well, here's what I happened to me: I sold an item on eBay for $500. I have less than 100 total feedback (all positive) and here's what PayPal wanted before they released the money to me: a) positive feedback from the buyer or b) delivery confirmation number. Thing is, it was an INTERNATIONAL shipment. I'd have to wait for the buyer's feedback. His eCheck cleared and I sent the package. PayPal updates with the following: Even though the eCheck has cleared, we will not release the money to you until 21 days have passed or the buyer leaves you positive feedback.

From what I deduced, you need at least 100 positive feedback to get your money released in a timely manner for domestic shipments. However, this all changes as the end total of the auction goes up. Over $100USD, DC or positive feedback required. Just another awful thing eBay and PayPal are doing to screw over sellers. Ugh.

And for those that say buyers needed more protection, I knew that. I'm a buyer as well as a seller, but what eBay has done is given ALL protection to the buyer and left none for the seller. Even better, as a buyer, you no longer EVER receive negative feedback. Only positive.

I pray, everyday, that GBay, or whatever it'll be called, starts up from Google soon. They need to teach eBay a grave lesson.

weeks, I've been getting requests from sellers for feedback so that they can get money
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

[quote name='Sinnbox']Never heard of it, but then I ahve had my account for ages...what happens if someone gets paypal and dosent use Ebay.....

P.S. how soon untill Google starts a Gbay?[/QUOTE]

Well theres already Google Checkout, so were halfway there! :p

bread's done
Back