Does the PS2 90001 have an internal HD?

Matedawg11

CAGiversary!
Feedback
65 (99%)
Hey guys I wanna pick up the 90001 to play some old classics but for some reason I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere...I know the PS2 never came with memory cards so why should this one right? Anyway does it have a HD and if it doesnt does anyone have a memory card they wanna sell ahaha :D

Pretty sure the 90001 version of the PS2 doesn't have an HDD. If it did, there would have to be some serious programming to get games to realize that the HDD is also a memory card.

Nope, I don't think there is one in any PS2.

As for memory cards, the 8MB Sony cards in a 2-pack are clearanced at my local Walmart for $11, while the knockoff Datel 16MB cards are clearanced for $6. YMMV of course.

The largest save file I've ever seen is like 3000KB, or about 3MB. There's no need for a hard drive in the PS2 when most save files are under 250KB.

Most of the third party memory cards are pretty unreliable from my personal experience. I had one of those mega memory cards at the beginning of the PS2 gen and every time I went to save something on it it would 'format' itself and wipe out any saves I had from the prior time.

As for someone having some for sale, you should try Sears as they had the red/blue two pack on clearance a while ago.;) If you decide you need a multitap, those were on clearance at Kmart a while ago, but are likely out of the system by now, much like the red/blue two pack memory cards from Sears.

Thanks guys, thats what I figured but it doesnt hurt to ask...ill just pick up a memory card somewhere for cheap

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back