Does the system come with a memory card?

guerrila_gamer

CAGiversary!
I was going to get the Metroid Prime Bundle cube and I was wondering? If so, I need to bring some extra $$$ when I pick it up.

And is it worth paying more for the bigger Nintendo memory card if its not included?

I dont see myself buying more than 5 to 7 games for the system overall.

Nope, you have to buy a memory card - the system does not come with one.

There are three out right now:

59 Blocks - $14.99
251 Blocks - $19.99
1019 Blocks - $29.99

If you are planning on playing more than 5 to 7 games, you would probably be fine with the 59 block version. If you get the 1019, you'll never need to buy another one.

No memory card included.

At least get the memory card 251. I use a Nyko 64Mb (1000+ block) card and have not had a problem yet. It is only $15 at BB with the GGC. The official one if $30. The 251 cards are $20.

[quote name='guerrila_gamer']Ok I'll be gettting the 251 memory card. I'm going to be renting a lot of games for the system I might add.[/quote]

As long as you're not the kind of guy who likes to keep save files forever, 251 will do you just fine.

[quote name='charcoalfeather']why dont you just pick up animal crossing if you are going to get such a low memory card..... come on now...[/quote]

Maybe because if he did, Animal Crossing would take up the whole card and then be rendered useless for saving the rest of his games?

On a side note, I may have a 251 to trade you...PM me if you are interested. It is like new.

Animal Crossing? Isn't that a "Sims" type of game?

Anyway, I just got a 251 yesterday at GS. Traded in some ps1 games and got it for free.

Here's the list of games I'll likely own for the system:

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Resident Evil 0
Zelda: Wind Waker
Next Zelda
Eternal Darkness
Paper Mario 2

That'll be enough with the 251 right? I might get Metal Gear:TTS and/or Pikmin 2 but I'll wait and see.

REmake over RE0?? Even if I played the hell out of RE for the psx?

And I'm not going to buy sports and multiplatform games for the system. That's what I have my ps2 for. ;)

[quote name='guerrila_gamer']REmake over RE0?? Even if I played the hell out of RE for the psx?

And I'm not going to buy sports and multiplatform games for the system. That's what I have my ps2 for. ;)[/quote]

Well I would get both in that situtation, but RE is worth getting first. It is one of my favorite games on the system and well worth the 50 I paid for it on release day.

RE0 bored me and I never finished it, although my friend really likes it

[quote name='guerrila_gamer']
Anyway, I just got a 251 yesterday at GS. Traded in some ps1 games and got it for free.
[/quote]

Just curious. How many PS1 games did you have to trade in to get it?

Target has Super Mario Sunshine and Metroid packaged with 251 memory cards for $30 a pop. If either game interests you, its like getting the memory for $10.

man those sports games Suck the memory card dry lol

one of the reason i got an Xbox , used to play all the sports games on gamecube now i only get them on the xbox . one of the few good reasont to own all 3 systems ( cube, box, ps2 )

bread's done
Back