does Wii need a adapter to use gamecube controllers?

tyecko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hey guys quick question before I buy a Wii and sell the Cube, I was at my friends house today who has the Wii and I forgot to check if there were any outlets for cube controllers but in my memory there weren't any. Do you have to buy a special adapter to use them or is there a built in spot that I missed?

Yeppers. In the upright position there are two doors that open on top revealing 4 ports for cube controllers and the Wavebird works fine as well. You will also see slots for memory cards.

No adapter is needed. On the top(or side) of the Wii there is GC controller and memory card ports under two flaps.

[quote name='tyecko']Nice, thanks a lot guys, this just furthers my wanting to buy a wii tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Good Luck on that one!... you just missed the shipments at most stores Sunday... everybody's probably sold out again...

no man I got lucky, a friend of mine at school bought one on sunday but decided he doesn't want it so he offered it to be for $260

[quote name='tyecko']no man I got lucky, a friend of mine at school bought one on sunday but decided he doesn't want it so he offered it to be for $260[/QUOTE]

Nice!... $260 total? thats cheaper than tax... go for it man, it's a great system, and you'll enjoy it more than your friend would..... I wonder why he wouldn't want it anymore?

I donno it's weird I mean I'm 17 and he's 18, seniors in high school. and he says his mom won't let him buy violent games so he's gonna wait and buy one again in college. Oh well, his loss my gain; and he just bought it on Sunday so practically brand new

[quote name='tyecko']I donno it's weird I mean I'm 17 and he's 18, seniors in high school. and he says his mom won't let him buy violent games so he's gonna wait and buy one again in college. Oh well, his loss my gain; and he just bought it on Sunday so practically brand new[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm... well..... I'm just gonna leave that one alone and say No Comment about your friend... Congratulations! you will be a proud owner of a Nintendo Wii that's only 2 days old....

[quote name='V Man']Hmmmm... well..... I'm just gonna leave that one alone and say No Comment about your friend... Congratulations! you will be a proud owner of a Nintendo Wii that's only 2 days old....[/quote]Yep the Wii is a great system, that only gets better over time like the DS.

[quote name='fenderhutz']Yeppers. In the upright position there are two doors that open on top revealing 4 ports for cube controllers and the Wavebird works fine as well. You will also see slots for memory cards.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the Wii looks pretty ridiculous with all that crap hanging off the top though. It is a cool feature though, for sure.

[quote name='porieux']Unfortunately the Wii looks pretty ridiculous with all that crap hanging off the top though. It is a cool feature though, for sure.[/quote] Nitpick: I don't like the color choice for the top Gamecube panel: all black. A nice light shade of grey would be more pleasing.

Anyways, enjoy the Wii/Gamecube goodness. :applause:

bread's done
Back