Does your PSP fat/slim look beat up/scratched?

kurrptsenate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
Got a 2 fat PSPs in 2 different trades from GameTZ. Unfortunately, they were scratched and really started to get on my nerves. I tried to look for some type of scratch remover, but stumbled upon faceplates on ebay that completely replace the outer screen. I also came across a complete front and back faceplate/case with all new matching buttons. It even has all the official markings. I got a pink one for the mrs. and thinking about getting a clear one for myself (white buttons).

The kits I ordered were around 19 and come with all the tools to fully make your PSP look brand new again. Before someone comes in saying it voids your warranty, the ones I replaced were super-old 1000 series which are way out of warranty to begin with.

psp1k_pink1a.jpg

Never done a PSP before but I have done a DS case switch to an Army Green. Kind of a pain and I tightened the bottom casing to hard first time round so the touch didn't work lol.

Good luck and let us know how it goes

Be very careful with this. Replacing just the faceplate versus the entire case are problems of entirely different magnitudes. Also, if your faceplates are anything like the ones I got, they'll be from China, and they may not fit exactly right. Which can present a problem with the analog stick. In my case, after opening the PSP, the analog stick will only work on the cardinal directions, or will sometimes get stuck in a single direction.

The buttons may feel a bit off.

Lastly, make sure you have a screwdriver of the right size. Sony seems to enjoy use screws that are ridiculously easy to strip.

I've done a few replacements like this before, but never with a psp case. changed an analog and things like that before on a psp. If i have to mod the case so the analog functions properly, im prepared to do that as well.

i'm remaining optimistic about this swap

bread's done
Back