Dollar General Anime DVDs $3.00 - Extreme YMMV

fairyland

CAGiversary!
$3.00 Anime DVDs strikes again, this time at Dollar General. Please note that Dollar Generals are EXTREME YMMV. Extreme meaning you probably won't find them, but if you are near one, then pop in just in case. I stop in every couple weeks in case they do get some but mine only get them in once a year during the summer time.

Anyway, this time they appear to have two each of these titles below. The back sticker covering the UCP says June 2006, but I know these was just out recently at my store as I visit there quite often and these was just newly put out.

Pilot Candiates 3
Hack//Legend 3
G Gundam 12
Scrapped Princess 1
Spirit of Wonder
Junkers 1
Gundam Chars Counter Attack (special slip cover edition)
Tsukikage Ran 4
Betterman 4
Cowboy Bebop 3
Geneshaft 4
Arjuna 2

I bought Tsukikage Ran #4 (needed it for years to complete the set, and it was always over $10 used when I checked for it), Betterman #4 (have 1 to 3 already), and Junkers 1 (a dog anime looked good).

I was considering Chars Counter Arrack to go with my forced Z Gundam watching with my friend (see the $3.00 Big Lots Thread) and Spirit of Wonder. So I may go back to get them.

The other DVSs, all of them I was interested in, yet never seen before, but alas they was all in the middle of the runs and I hate to start in the middle of things. I hope I won't regret not getting them. Would anyone recommend Spirit of Wonder, Geneshaft, Arjuna, or Pilot Candiates and can explain why?

Thanks for reading!

I liked G-Gundam and Pilot Candidate but keep in mind these are 2 anime's most people seem to hate so YMMV. They were also both shown on cartoon network at one point or another so probably not worth it to pick them up unless you are really into the series.

I work at Dollar General and it sucks but yea usually a bigger Dollar General store is more likely to carry them. My store usually just gets in VHS tapes...IF we're lucky

Those are probably leftovers from other Dollar Generals from last year. I haven't seen any new shipments here. I bought some of those last year, including:
Chars Counter Attack - Good movie but is a bit long. A good buy.
Betterman 4
Arjuna 2 - It's ok but kinda preachy (might turn you into a vegetarian). Read some reviews first.
Spirit of Wonder - Slow moving, but the first "Miss China" short is fun. Worth $3 imo.

bread's done
Back