Dollhouse Friday Nights on FOX at 9pm est-Update 10/24

[quote name='neocisco']That's exactly what I said. You know that "latter" means the second of two options, right?[/QUOTE]

I do, I was just confirming your suspicions.

A rather disappointing ending I thought. Spoilers ahead:

I expected to see more of a showdown between Rossum and the survivors, but there was very little other than a few short minutes in the beginning. There was little development for the characters other than Sierra/Victor so a lot had to be presumed. Killing Ballard seemed kind of pointless and uninteresting, even with Echo imprinting his personality. I know the season was cut short, but everything felt way too rushed with no real buildup. I did enjoy season 2 as a whole, but this is my far my least favorite and weakest episode.

Well, it wrapped everything up. That's the most we could have hoped for. Honestly, I'm happy the show didn't end with Epitaph One. That would have been one of the worst open-ended endings ever.

I will miss this show. Not as much as Firefly but I really enjoyed Dollhouse. I said it before but I honestly think that Whedon should pitch his shows as a 20 episode mini-series. Do 10 episodes a season and have it go two years - all killer, no filler. This would be plenty of time to develop characters with kick-ass story arc and a built-in cliffhanger episode between the two seasons. I think if networks committed to this format and people knew timeslots weren't going to change and the show wasn't going to get canceled it would be much easier to develop shows and get a following. I typically won't watch anything new unless I like the creators (Whedon, Abrams) until it gets a second season.

Good idea, javeryh. Which means, of course, that if a producer has the same idea the networks will never let it make it to air. Cable is the best shot for it. FX, HBO, etc.

bread's done
Back