Donate Games to the Troops - Part II

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=4668]3087[/img-r]Last year, CAG neushane helped organize a very successful campaign to collect used and new games for our troops stationed overseas. I'm happy to report that the tradition continues with Games For Soldiers.

As a reader of CAG, chances are you have plenty of games you no longer play, so please send your donations to:

Games For Soldiers
ATTN: Donations
724 Gardenia Avenue
Royal Oak, MI 48067-3649

If you'd like to make a PayPal donation to assist with shipping costs, you can send to [email protected].

Last year's photos

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see this program back!

I have to admit I didn't send anything last year though...
Will probably end up sending stuff this year though
I have a bunch of games collecting dust, they'd probably get more use out of them than I do xP

I have a armed forces person from Iraq on leave staying in my room at the hostel Im at in New Zealand. He is from Texas

I hate to be the bad guy for mentioning this, but the Games for Soldiers web site states that they are not a registered 501 (c)(3) so donations are not tax deductible. That sucks because it may keep some to not donate more or at all.

ANY CAGers THAT ARE LAWYERS (OR KNOW A WILLING LAWYER) TO HELP THE SOLDIERS OUT?

Games For Soldiers
ATTN: Donations
724 Gardenia Avenue
Royal Oak, MI 48067-3649

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lived just around the block from there for 22 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats crazy.

what about PC games, most likely not huh?!?

I would guess that anything would be fine. Personally i could care less if i get a tax break on it. thats a terrible way to think about donations.

We have a program at my job called "Operation Shoe Box" that we send all kinda of goodies to the soldiers.

I send DVD's, CD's, magazines and books as well as my old video games.
The soldiers love it!

Rather you believe in the war or not, we need to support our troops.

Glad to see this is still ongoing. I was overwhelmed with the response I saw from CAG when I was out there. If I ever go back (which I hope is no time soon!) I would love to be a part of it again. I will be sending out some games this year and I hope you all feel like doing the same.

On a side note, Cheapy, I still have an American flag and certificate showing that it was flown in Iraq for cheapassgamer that I would like to ship out. Never got a response to my PM. If you read this, send me your address so I can mail it out!

Cheapy, I'm sure that 360/PS3/Wii/PS2 games are wanted, though what about older-gen stuff like GC and Xbox games? How about DVD's?

Are any other items needed? For example gaming accessories, dried food goods, disposable hand warmers, etc? While I'm filling a flat rate priority box, I might as well see if there's anything else they need I can toss in.

Do soldiers have DS's? The local 99 Cent Store has a TON of copies of Texas Hold 'Em for the GBA for a buck a piece. I figure a bunch of dudes stuck in the sand would love playing poker to get their mind off of the day to day.

I paypal'd over a little money, and registered on Digg solely to give it a Digg. It's a great thing. I do hope he gets registered as a charitable organization, I see it really taking off then. Either way it's worth it even if you don't get a tax write-off. :)

It's been so hard to sell my games online so I'm ready to do the next best thing and ship em' as donations. Although I should probably hold on to my copy of cooking mama.

As a vet and former resident of the world's largest beach with no water, I can tell you that handheld games (GB, DS, PSP) go insanely fast at the BX. So if you have an DS or PSP game sitting around, send those off.

I know I've got some games I wouldn't mind donating, and I can probably drop a few bucks extra for shipping to support a worthy cause.

bread's done
Back