Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd bite for $10. The last time i really enjoyed the armored core series was the 2nd one. The 3rd one was decent and the 4th one looked good but the missions were terrible.

It is an okay game. I still am not crazy about the controls (but it is way better than the PS1 original). I just traded it to GS for the RE5 deal.

[quote name='Josef']Any big differences between the two versions are are they roughly the same?[/QUOTE]
More people likely to be online for the 360 one

Armored Core: For Answer for $15 is a good price in my opinion. I have been a fan since it came out on PS1. The game is basically buy (parts), build (robots), and destroy (everything) +__+.

Oh, and, if you're thinking of buying the game for the multiplayer, go for the Xbox 360 (Less lag in my opinion). :]

I am not going to allow myself to even attempt to play this game until I play more of AC4, even if For Answer is better (in which I have no clue, but its seems like 4 got a lot of hate).

Better reviews than AC4, but like a couple of people have said, I need to play more of AC4 before I could justify a purchase. And with my tremendous backlog, that ain't happening anytime soon.

I have this game and it's pretty awesome. If you like AC games you'll probably like this.

Destroying the Armsforts is pretty epic.

I tried to play it a couple of times having played some of the older PS1 and PS2 games but it has gotten far more complicated. So I'd say unless you are really going to invest the time to learn it (and it will take a lot of time to be decent) it is a skip if you aren't sure.

[quote name='xraytd']Can't resist giant mechs. My backlog grows by 1.[/quote]

Here, here :)

Also for everyone not sure how the game is; essentially they streamlined alot since the jump to game 4. I'd say its more newbie friendly. Well friendly, in the sense that you just need to have a really strong desire for customization, and tons of patience. Now my honest opinion is that if you want a good mission based game that will have you tinkering(a lot) go for it. Not sure if it'll help but the soundtrack kicks arse too.

This is just my personal opinion but AC4 sucked BIG TIME.

My god for me that game was just horrid.

The only cool thing was building your mech but everything else about the game was crap.

I still wont let it spoil my thoughts on AC:FA though as I like mech games but after my experience with AC4 I will wait until its around the 10 mark.

[quote name='xraytd']Can't resist giant mechs. My backlog grows by 1.[/quote]
^^ this.
I have the same problem. WHERE THE fuck is Mechawarrior on this gen's hardware?

This is very tempting. I watched some of the gameplay footage at IGN. Reminded me a lot of Robotech, which was one of my favorite games on the Gamecube.

[quote name='jaydepps']Pretty good game, my roommate loves it especially when he uses the flight sticks.[/QUOTE]

Flight sticks work with this game? Both the Ace Edge and the HAWX one? If so, I may have to try finding one of those and relive the Steel Battallion days.

I don't have a current Gen Mech Game, and never owned a AC game so I pulled the trigger. WHY DOES MY BACKLOG NEVER GET SMALLER?

Nice find.I'm a little unsure on this even at this price. Anyone have an opinion they want to share about this game especially the online component. I have held back getting this game due to reading it has a steep learning curve and requires a lot of work. I may not be able to stop myself due to my thirst for a new mech game.

I've played through AC 4 and part of this one. When I played through AC 4 it was like one of only 2 PS3 games I had. Now I have tons of games, and just can't bring myself to actually finish this one. The AC series could just do so much more, but it's like it's stuck in last gen design with current gen graphics.

While there's a ton of customization that kinda makes things rather generic as each mission has to be set up is such a way that any mech build could do it. Every mission is like a paint by numbers where the only variation is whether you're using colored pencils or markers. It just got stale for me.

I'd rather lose some customization is it meant we got a less generic feel from the game and more maneuvers and stuff. For example if I build an all agility type mech I'd like to be able to run jump and climb on buildings and stuff like that. Or if I'm a heavy type it'd be nice to be able to punch through buildings or something like that. As it is now regardless of what build you take you only interaction with the enviroment is to clumsily land on it and walk or shoot at the building shaped piece of architecture until you exceed the damage and it crumbles with a stock falling apart animation.

There were several time I wasn't even sure if I was actually doing damage to a target intill it randomly fell apart.

IMO, this is a good deal for fans of the sequel. Yet, for who have not played this game before, it is a bit hard and confusing since it has to do a lot of customization.

[quote name='CaoPi']how's the online play?[/quote]

I was just reading up on the PS3 version's online play over at GameFAQs. Seems there's still a pretty lively community but, naturally, it's fully of extremely good players, most of them in Japan. To top it off, people have figured out how to "cheat" by making their mechs so fast the lag can't keep up with them and makes it look like they're teleporting all over the map.

So, as with most online Japanese games, only the super hardcore need apply.

After finally decided to get the PS3 version of this game is out of stock.................................

[quote name='Dissolve']Wow, the game is in my hands two days later. Newegg + UPS = incredible.[/quote]

Wow I ordered mine Monday and its still not here but supposed to be delivered today.. lets hope before work.

[quote name='Dissolve']This game is so much improved over AC4 that it makes AC4 look like some kind of unfinished beta.[/quote]

Thats exactly what I was hoping for.

I'll check it out sooner rather than later because AC4 really did feel like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back