Donkey Kong Jungle Beat = Videogame Nirvana

pumbaa

CAGiversary!
This game is amazing. Its the type of game where you'll be trying to beat your high score over and over again. Its got a quality about it, and the bongo drums become 2nd nature after a couple of minutes. Go buy this now, with the bongos! AWESOME! Hopefully Nintendo Tokyo will continue with the amazing precedent they've set for themselves.

I agree that the game is great. I am going through the levels working on getting all gold medals. However, my hand and arms were a bit sore after playing the game for three hours straight.

[quote name='cicada17']However, my hand and arms were a bit sore after playing the game for three hours straight.[/quote]

*insert joke here*

I really want to try this game out but I'm not spending $60 for it...

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='cicada17']However, my hand and arms were a bit sore after playing the game for three hours straight.[/quote]

*insert joke here*

I really want to try this game out but I'm not spending $60 for it...[/quote]

Use the Best Buy gamer gift card and get it for $50. Well worth it.

I agree completely.

It took me a while to get the hang of the controls, but now I LOVE IT!

I've played through all but 2 of the first 12 levels, and you have to get all golds to get the last 4, right?
OY.

i started playing it yesterday, and being a drummer definatly helps a ton during long play sessions.

but yeah, this game is really great and i hope they release more!

I played a demo at GS, and it seemed like a lot of fun, but I didn't quite get how you get DK to run forward instead of clapping his hands together. Sometimes he did one, sometimes the other.

I picked it up on Tuesday and I will say the game is a ton of fun. As an added bonus, I now have a second set of bongos so I can do 2 player Donkey Konga soon...when I put this down, it's addictive as hell.

[quote name='m1lesteg']I played a demo at GS, and it seemed like a lot of fun, but I didn't quite get how you get DK to run forward instead of clapping his hands together. Sometimes he did one, sometimes the other.[/quote]

The bongos on demo sets are thrashed. Not because they break easily, but because people are retarded. And I'm not just talking about little kids who have been raised on bowls of sugar for breakfast. I've seen grown people banging on those thigs, arguably harder than I could manage with a sledgehammer. (Okay, I may be exagerating a bit. But you get the point...)

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='m1lesteg']I played a demo at GS, and it seemed like a lot of fun, but I didn't quite get how you get DK to run forward instead of clapping his hands together. Sometimes he did one, sometimes the other.[/quote]

The bongos on demo sets are thrashed. Not because they break easily, but because people are retarded. And I'm not just talking about little kids who have been raised on bowls of sugar for breakfast. I've seen grown people banging on those thigs, arguably harder than I could manage with a sledgehammer. (Okay, I may be exagerating a bit. But you get the point...)[/quote]

you're not exagerating at all, i've seen people, teenagers, play it with their fists like the bongos were punching bags. not just pounding, but literally punching. :shock:

It's amusing, but I don't think the game is worth $35 by itself. If I were paying with real money and not trade-in credit, I'd wait for the price drop.

bread's done
Back