Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/o Bongos- $35.99 + free shipping @ samgoody.com

Using the visa coupon code is also great there for getting Donkey Konga with Bongos for $40, just add a $5 sound fx cd or something to your order to get it just over $50. I ordered Konga and Jungle Beat along with two cds for a mere $83-ish total. (the games being in separate orders)

[quote name='chunk']Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/o Bongos- $35.99 + free shipping @ samgoody.com

http://www.samgoody.com/Games/Game.aspx?h_id=H++++45769

To sweeten the deal there is a $10 off $50 coupon when you use your visa card (coupon code 1050). So, for example, you could combine this with RE4 ($45) and get both games for $70. Not a bad deal if you ask me.[/quote]

ahem ahem, i posted this in the samgoody thread ahem ahem

[quote name='russtophiles']Using the visa coupon code is also great there for getting Donkey Konga with Bongos for $40, just add a $5 sound fx cd or something to your order to get it just over $50. I ordered Konga and Jungle Beat along with two cds for a mere $83-ish total. (the games being in separate orders)[/quote]

Actually, DK:JB WITH Bongos would be $43.99 with no other purchase required ($53.99 - $10).

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']
ahem ahem, i posted this in the samgoody thread ahem ahem[/quote]

Didn't see you mention anything about the version without bongos and I also see a lot of people complaining there there are no deals on Jungle Beat in the BB/CC/etc. ad thread.

I actually think this is a much better deal than the version with bongos because it is a larger percentage discount from MSRP and you can also still use the coupon. The version with bongos is only a deal after using the coupon. Plus I'm not interested in getting another set of bongos :)

[quote name='Josef'][quote name='russtophiles']Using the visa coupon code is also great there for getting Donkey Konga with Bongos for $40, just add a $5 sound fx cd or something to your order to get it just over $50. I ordered Konga and Jungle Beat along with two cds for a mere $83-ish total. (the games being in separate orders)[/quote]

Actually, DK:JB WITH Bongos would be $43.99 with no other purchase required ($53.99 - $10).[/quote]

He said Donkey Konga, not Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.

[quote name='chunk'][quote name='The Successful Dropout']
ahem ahem, i posted this in the samgoody thread ahem ahem[/quote]

Didn't see you mention anything about the version without bongos and I also see a lot of people complaining there there are no deals on Jungle Beat in the BB/CC/etc. ad thread.

I actually think this is a much better deal than the version with bongos because it is a larger percentage discount from MSRP and you can also still use the coupon. The version with bongos is only a deal after using the coupon. Plus I'm not interested in getting another set of bongos :)
[/quote]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53906&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=62

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53906&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=63

Item Qty Format Price Total
Yoshi's Touch & Go / Game
Yoshi's Touch & Go / Game
NINT73525DS
Release date: 03/14/2005 1
PreOrd* Game $26.99 $26.99
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat / Game
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat / Game
NINT96270CUBE
Release date: 03/14/2005 1
PreOrd* Game $35.99 $35.99
Subtotal 2 US$62.98
Discount (1050) ($10.00)
Sales Tax $3.31
Backorder - Total Price US$56.29

HELL YES! $56.29 for Yoshi and Jungle Beat... shipped. I LOVE CAG!!!

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53906&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=62

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53906&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=63[/quote]

Yeah I read those and, again, you didn't mention anything about the version without the bongos. After shadowknights started that thread I read it, including your posts, and I had no idea that DKJB w/o Bongos was available for $35.99. I wondered, "gee how much does DKJB cost w/o Bongos?" I went to the site and found out.

I would have posted it in the samgoody thread, but I noticed that there were a lot of people in the BB/CC/etc. thread who didn't even see your post about the version with the bongos because they keep saying how they wish there were deals on DKJB. So I started this thread. I purposely didn't mention the deal on the version with the bongos because you had already posted it in the other thread.

What's the big deal? Its obvious that most of the people in this thread didn't know about it. Now they know and that is what this forum is for.

Why does it even matter who posted it first? If you really want to be picky about it the SamGoody webmaster posted first.

[quote name='chunk'][quote name='The Successful Dropout']

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53906&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=63[/quote]

Yeah I read those and, again, you didn't mention anything about the version without the bongos. After shadowknights started that thread I read it, including your posts, and I had no idea that DKJB w/o Bongos was available for $35.99. I wondered, "gee how much does DKJB cost w/o Bongos?" I went to the site and found out.

I would have posted it in the samgoody thread, but I noticed that there were a lot of people in the BB/CC/etc. thread who didn't even see your post about the version with the bongos because they keep saying how they wish there were deals on DKJB. So I started this thread. I purposely didn't mention the deal on the version with the bongos because you had already posted it in the other thread.

What's the big deal? Its obvious that most of the people in this thread didn't know about it. Now they know and that is what this forum is for.

Why does it even matter who posted it first? If you really want to be picky about it the SamGoody webmaster posted first.[/quote]

its no big deal who posted it first...but credit is usually given when a new thread is started about a deal that someone else posted....no big deal, i don't care....but the first link is a link to the post i made with the bongos and the second link is a link to the post i made about what i purchased....which included a copy of dkjb & spy vs spy for 40 some dollars....i didn't spell out the fact that it was without the bongos, but that should've been common sense....i had a few replies in that thread about people thanking me for pointing out, but oh well....as said, im not worried...im just trying to make something clear to you

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']its no big deal who posted it first...but credit is usually given when a new thread is started about a deal that someone else posted....no big deal, i don't care....but the first link is a link to the post i made with the bongos and the second link is a link to the post i made about what i purchased....which included a copy of dkjb & spy vs spy for 40 some dollars....i didn't spell out the fact that it was without the bongos, but that should've been common sense....i had a few replies in that thread about people thanking me for pointing out, but oh well....as said, im not worried...im just trying to make something clear to you[/quote]

For me the deal in the other thread was the coupon, but this thread is the price on DKJB. I didn't even use the coupon and I still consider that I got a good deal.

Looking back I can see how there are some hints about the bongoless DKJB, but you basically need to know the prices of everything already to see that. I had no idea how much spy vs spy cost, so it wasn't common sense at all for me. I've never heard of spy vs spy the game. I didn't even know it was a game and since you already had posted that you bought DKJB with bongos I assumed that it was something small that you included with your order.

And I didn't see anyone thanking you in that thread. All I saw were thanks for the OP.

Everything is clear to me. I see now that you discovered this deal before me, but you certainly didn't make it easily known since I read your posts and had no idea that you had bought a bongoless DKJB.

I would have given credit, but as far as I'm concerned you didn't post this deal. You posted some vague comments about what you ordered and I don't think anyone knew you ordered a bongoless DKJB for $35 except you.

Besides, how about giving a break to an old friend? ;)

Quick questions:

Will the $10 off discount work if you don't use a VISA card?

Also,

Can the discount be used on more than one order?

If so, DKJB, Pokemon Dash, and Retro Atari Classics here I come!

[quote name='b3b0p']Thanks! I just got Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with Bongos for $43.99! Way better then the $59.99 listed.

Chris[/quote]

I did this too. Awesome deal. I hope I get it!

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Darn, looks like they jacked the prices up to the MSRP's now.

Yep, looks like all Sam Goody prices are up to the MSRP now...[/quote]

DAMMIT!

I knew I should've ordered some stuff last night........oh well.

[quote name='Gameboy415'][quote name='wampa8jedi']Darn, looks like they jacked the prices up to the MSRP's now.

Yep, looks like all Sam Goody prices are up to the MSRP now...[/quote]

DAMMIT!

I knew I should've ordered some stuff last night........oh well.[/quote]

Yeah, see for me I was going to impulse buy DKJB and Y:T+G last night but figured I'd wait till morning and if I still wanted them I'd buy them. Bad decision :(

Anybody else have their order backordered? I just talked to a REP and she said that it could be two weeks before they get another shipment in (she also said it could be tomorrow...) Is everyone in the same boat or did I just get to the port late?

[quote name='pumbaa']Anybody else have their order backordered? I just talked to a REP and she said that it could be two weeks before they get another shipment in (she also said it could be tomorrow...) Is everyone in the same boat or did I just get to the port late?[/quote]

The web page says mine is "shipped" but I haven't called so I don't know for sure...

The website said mine was shipped too, but when you check the site sends an email. The email said that my order was not shipped because it was backordered.
I canceled my order, and picked up Jungle Beat at ebgames. It's a very fun game!

[quote name='erniemullins']The website said mine was shipped too, but when you check the site sends an email. The email said that my order was not shipped because it was backordered.
I canceled my order, and picked up Jungle Beat at ebgames. It's a very fun game![/quote]

Yeah, I just noticed that I got that email too. Maybe I'll cancel too.

i feel DK:JB with or without the Bongos is over-priced. it feels like the pricing has the BB GGC built-in in mind.

i have Donkey Konga w/4 sets of Bongos, and i'm more interested in Donkey Konga 2 and 3. but once i stop by a DK:JB demo, things could change.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']i feel DK:JB with or without the Bongos is over-priced. it feels like the pricing has the BB GGC built-in in mind.

i have Donkey Konga w/4 sets of Bongos, and i'm more interested in Donkey Konga 2 and 3. but once i stop by a DK:JB demo, things could change.[/quote]

The JB demo will change your life, man.

goddamn it. i was wondering why i hadn't gotten my shipment yet, so i did a status inquiry. "your item has shipped". i'm a little peeved that it's taking so long, but i'm glad to know it's coming. shortly after, i get an e-mail saying it's on backorder. so i call and cancel. fuck samgoody.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']am i the only one who is sticking to sam on this one?[/quote]

I'm still waiting mine out. On the plus side, I ordered a CD I've been wanting to make my order over 50, and I already got that.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']am i the only one who is sticking to sam on this one?[/quote]

I ordered Doom 3 from the other thread and I'm just going to hold out and see what happens.

Holding out. The prices were good, but not too good to be true. Also, some of the stuff I ordered was not released yet. Sometimes the local shops around here won't get new releases until a week or more after the official launch date even though they advertise otherwise in the store.

Chris

bread's done
Back