Donkey Konga Bongos $1!!!

None anywhere near me... I already have 4 but I wouldn't mind keeping a few as backup, especially since they're a $1 each.

There's a shitload of them relatively near me. Ghetto locations in south and east LA. Are these worth getting for resale purposes?

[quote name='karkyco']There's a shitload of them relatively near me. Ghetto locations in south and east LA. Are these worth getting for resale purposes?[/quote]

This.

I brought 3 when they were $10 each at GS a long time ago. It was a good deal and my friends and I had fun with the games. But now, all 4 bongos just sit around in my closet collecting dust.

If you can find four bongos and a copy of Donkey Konga, it's so worth it for four-player drunken madness. Rock Band has since replaced that role in my household but prior to that DK was the go-to standard for any party I ever hosted or went to.

Good Deal and a good find OP.

I have two of them at home, and by them I mean bongos. Played with them only once, by them I mean bongos, it was pretty fun. Song selection is ok on Donkey Konga 2. It is fun though when you have a lot people to play with. Just whip them out, by them I mean bongos, and start hitting away.

[quote name='bobphone']The thought of even touching used Bongos skeeves me bad.[/QUOTE]

Right? And they all seem to have that gross film over the top of them.

Easy fix to keep the bongos clean: take 2 cheap washcloths and use a rubber band on each to hold them over the drum. Wash the washcloths as needed.

i love donkey konga, the first one, in my opinion the best 'music' game ever. It doesn't take itself too seriously like the guitar heros plus....its freaking BONGOS!!!!

[quote name='BarbblerElf']Maybe they are remaking it for the wii? or is this just an error. Might be worth it if there is a remake.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73987[/quote]
As Gohan already mentioned, it does not support the bongos.
[quote name='LilPaintballer']if you nab jungle beat on the cheap its not bad, at all.[/quote]
I have played the Japanese Wii port, and (while it is more expensive than the GC version) it plays really well with the remote and nunchuk.

All that said - thanks OP! I am still tempted because of how cheap these are. I was in a GS on Friday though and mine still had them marked at a whopping $4.99.

[quote name='bobphone']The thought of even touching used Bongos skeeves me bad.[/QUOTE]

That's why you buy the new ones for a dollar cheaper ;)

[quote name='lunker']If you can find four bongos and a copy of Donkey Konga, it's so worth it for four-player drunken madness. Rock Band has since replaced that role in my household but prior to that DK was the go-to standard for any party I ever hosted or went to.[/quote]

I had noticed this price a few weeks ago. I think I'm going to try and track down some sets just for this reason.

The other thing I've been buying up is the GBA stuff. The GBA SP wireless adapter is $0.99, the GBA to GC cable is $0.99, the GBA SP wall charger is $1.99. The GBA SPs are still $40, but I think they're going to drop a lot a month or two after DSi is out. And every Gamestop I go to has at least 10 of them. I really want an NES style one. :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboner
This.

[quote name='ajdude101']That.[/quote]

It's like this and like that and like this, and uh...? (use the Donkey Konga Congo Bongos to tap it out...)

I have a few "near" me, but they are still kind of far. Considering I don't own any games compatible with it.

Damn, I originally purchased these for $10 (two sets along with Jungle Beat) during the late 2006-early 2007 EBGames sale... and I STILL haven't even opened them!

A friend of mine bought some there as a joke gift for me, they were broken, didn't work at all so be careful, though not that much should be expected for $1.00, I guess.

bread's done
Back